SPOT numbers are in

frequentflier

happy to be living
Many people are familiar with the SPOT Thift Shop in St. Leonard. For those of you that are not, the money they collect at the thrift shop goes to free spaying and neutering of dogs and cats.
In 2009, they paid for :drumroll: 977; yes nine hundred and seventy seven spay and neuters! :yahoo:
152 female dogs
187 male dogs
381 female cats
257 male cats

That is a lot of animals that will not be contributing to the pet overpopulation!

"Southern Maryland Spay & Neuter" aka SPOT is always looking for good volunteers and donations. They are a 501C3 charitable organization.
(410) 562-2063 Southern Maryland Spay and Neuter, Inc.
They are open Weds-Sat 10AM-5PM and Sundays 12-5.

Hoover

Many people are familiar with the SPOT Thift Shop in St. Leonard. For those of you that are not, the money they collect at the thrift shop goes to free spaying and neutering of dogs and cats.
In 2009, they paid for :drumroll: 977; yes nine hundred and seventy seven spay and neuters! :yahoo:
152 female dogs
187 male dogs
381 female cats
257 male cats

That is a lot of animals that will not be contributing to the pet overpopulation!

"Southern Maryland Spay & Neuter" aka SPOT is always looking for good volunteers and donations. They are a 501C3 charitable organization.
(410) 562-2063 Southern Maryland Spay and Neuter, Inc.
They are open Weds-Sat 10AM-5PM and Sundays 12-5.

:starcat: congrats!!! I pass the word everytime I see someone with a new animal!!!!!:huggy:

AmyB225

they helped me with my chihuahua baby last year - they paid for his neutering -- thank you spot

dawn

Wow! Congratulations to SPOT! What a wonderful contribution. :yahoo:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

:yeahthat:

I am so glad you posted this, I have done some major cleaning of my closet, my husband and my son's and I have many, many clothes that I was going to bring to Salvation Army (and several still with tags). Now I will bring them to SPOT!

dgates80

Land of the lost
I spoke to them this morning and was told that this number does NOT include the money provided to some rescues to have animals *fixed*. That takes it well over 1000!

So this was basiclly the Pet Taxi operations? Or is this the Pet Taixi plus directly funded operations, without the operations done by independant rescues with SPOT funding?

So, with the number being 1000 give or take, and at roughly $50 per animal on average, SPOT's efforts raised roughly $50,000 net dollars that went to the animals -- PLUS the dollars they use to support various rescues activities. This is SO awesome!

stoppingby

:howdy: Howdy from Oliver who is now in the mountains of SW Virginia and he's standing on a mountain top barkin' out, "Thank you, Spot!"

He says his bark will echo across the way to Maryland and he doesn't have to use any of his doggy cell phone daytime minutes, lol!!

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
They paid for Smudge and the Snowballs....(renamed Blizzard and Jasper by their new owners) and now all three are overly pampered housecats in happy new homes.

frequentflier

happy to be living
:howdy: Howdy from Oliver who is now in the mountains of SW Virginia and he's standing on a mountain top barkin' out, "Thank you, Spot!"

He says his bark will echo across the way to Maryland and he doesn't have to use any of his doggy cell phone daytime minutes, lol!!

stoppingby, wish I had the chance to meet you in person. Hugs to you for caring :flowers: