Jerry's Place in PF

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What a pleasant surprise! Went tonight with Pete, Catt and Otter. I was expecting a crabhouse, but this is actually a fairly nice restaurant. Not all fancy shmancy, but comfortable and nicely decorated.

The menu is small BUT they had about a thousand things on special that the waiter rattled off to us, including 5 or 6 fresh fish selections. While we were looking over the menu, Jerry the owner came around with snacks for us to try - one was a scallop in some sort of creamy sauce and the other was a bacon wrapped scallop. Both were delicious.

For dinner I had what the waiter called "puff pastry", which was actually a phyllo cup with this mound of crab meat and a whole lobster cut up in it, topped with a sherry cream sauce. This thing was HUGE! Then you get your choice of two sides to go along with it: I chose a salad with extremely good homemade bleu cheese dressing and some crispy fries.

The prices aren't cheap, but the portions were huge and you could tell they use good ingredients and don't wank out on the quality. Plus I ate only half my meal and was stuffed to the gills.

Also Catt got them to bring her one hushpuppie, which she shared with the rest of us, and MAN it was good! Crispy and light, drizzled with honey that it didn't really need. She said the puppies were delicious and she wasn't kidding.

I would definitely go back there. :yay:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hushpuppies are only found in the Patuxent and the Potomac. The Hushpuppy boats go out early in the morning before sunrise. They scoop up the hushpuppies with giant nets and then have to wrestle them fighting little critters into the boat. The boat returns to shore where the hushpuppies are laid out on the beach to bake in the sun for a few hours until they get that nice golden brown color. !!! Really !!!

Last edited:

rickmcnabb

rick mcnabb
Awesome Place

Hello my name is Rick McNabb and I know about Jerrys Place also. As a Matter of Fact , I worked for Jerry about 15 yrs ago when he owned a Place in Seabrook, Md. ( Prince Georges County ). I was just in Jerrys Place yesterday and he is still the same as he was 15 yrs ago. When he had his Restraunt in P.G. county it was Always written up in The Washington Post as One of The Ten (10) Best Seafood Restraunts in the D.C. Metropolitan Area , which included Md. and Va.
I know for a Fact that he Buys fresh Seafood Everyday and will Not Skimp on anything. The Service is Always Pheonominal :jerry:
A Lot of the people that work there are Part of His Family ( literally ), His Son Jerry Jr. , Daughter Debbie and nephews , nieces and any other type of Relative. He is the Most Awesome Person to Work for and Treats his Employees Better than anyone I Know , and Trust Me , I've been through a lot of Jobs :yahoo:
Famous people would come to His Restraunt in P.G. County, Dallas Cowboys Quarterback and Hall of Famer from the 1970's Roger Staughback ( the best that Dallas has ever had ) and I Hate the Cowboys , but i gotta give Props. Wayne Gretszky ( Greatest Hockey Player of ALL TIME ), Joe Namath , Riddick Bowe , a lot of Politicians. Just to name a Few (very few) , you wouldn't believe how many famous people used to come to his Restraunt back in P.G. county.
With that being said , He Treats Everone of His Customers Exactly The Same , No Matter who you are , nobody gets Special Treatment. Jerrys Place is on a First Come First Serve Basis , as a matter of fact , the last time i was there on a Saturday Night , he had a Long Line of People to get in and one of our Local Politicians ( Steny Hoyer ) had to wait in Line just like everyone else. The MAN Knows how to run a Business and Genuinely cares. I wish I could have bought Stock in His Place , because I Gaurantee I would be a Millionaire By Now. You can Really Tell when Someone takes Pride in his Business and wants ALL of his Customers to Have The Best Experience Ever.

No Reservations and you might want to call first to see if they are open , I believe they are closed on Sundays and Mondays , open all other days ( even for Lunch ). Located right next to Mr. Tire where Bert's hamburger place used to be located and across from Red Octopus Tattoos.

Tell Him Rick McNabb Recommended his Place to you and he'll tell you some good stories from the old days :whistle::1bdz::buddies:

Enjoy :

Location and Number Below

Jerrys Place :

1541 Solomons Island Rd.
Prince Frederick , Md. 20678

410-535-3242

Black-Francis

Jerry and his son are great. Very personable and they definitely want to make sure everyone in the restaurant is satisfied. The food is great yet a bit pricey but all of the samples they offered made up for the entree price. They had me sample the scallop wrapped in bacon, hush puppie, kale (very good) and a raw oyster....All the samples were superb along with the crabcake sandwich....:yay:

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
What a pleasant surprise! Went tonight with Pete, Catt and Otter. I was expecting a crabhouse, but this is actually a fairly nice restaurant. Not all fancy shmancy, but comfortable and nicely decorated.

The menu is small BUT they had about a thousand things on special that the waiter rattled off to us, including 5 or 6 fresh fish selections. While we were looking over the menu, Jerry the owner came around with snacks for us to try - one was a scallop in some sort of creamy sauce and the other was a bacon wrapped scallop. Both were delicious.

For dinner I had what the waiter called "puff pastry", which was actually a phyllo cup with this mound of crab meat and a whole lobster cut up in it, topped with a sherry cream sauce. This thing was HUGE! Then you get your choice of two sides to go along with it: I chose a salad with extremely good homemade bleu cheese dressing and some crispy fries.

The prices aren't cheap, but the portions were huge and you could tell they use good ingredients and don't wank out on the quality. Plus I ate only half my meal and was stuffed to the gills.

Also Catt got them to bring her one hushpuppie, which she shared with the rest of us, and MAN it was good! Crispy and light, drizzled with honey that it didn't really need. She said the puppies were delicious and she wasn't kidding.

:yay:

That's 2 great reviews of Jerry's I've heard in one week! Just the other night at the game, one of Thing2's teachers was raving about Jerry's. She's been there a few times and said it was fantastic. In fact, she said it's (a lot) better than Stoney's.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

While living in Calvert, I had never gone there, now I'm sorry I didn't.

We have a seafood place we go to here and they have fried blueberry ice cream, they use the hush puppy batter for the shell, it is sooooo good. My daughter got it and of course I had to try it.

F

forceofnature

:yay:

In fact, she said it's (a lot) better than Stoney's.

Stoney's doesn't even compare. The quality of food from Stoney's has really taken a nose dive in the last few years. I stay away from it. The seafood is always over cooked and like rubber there.

When I go to a place to eat, I expect it to be better than what we can make at home.

T

toppick08

Stoney's doesn't even compare. The quality of food from Stoney's has really taken a nose dive in the last few years. I stay away from it. The seafood is always over cooked and like rubber there.

When I go to a place to eat, I expect it to be better than what we can make at home.

Stoney's, imo...has always sucked......:shrug:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Stoney's, imo...has always sucked......:shrug:

Nope, it used to be really good years ago..like 18 years ago when they took over the little place on Broomes Island. After they expanded to the place in PF in the shopping center, that's when started to get crappy. Service was never good. I do like the Pier though and the Kingfisher was okay. The owner doesn't demand good service or good food, he relies on the name and once-good food.

With that said, I love the Broomes Island location and the food is okay. I love the water and the atmosphere.

Jerry's has always had great food. Been going to his place (starting in Seabook) for 25 or so years.