Monday Morning Closings & Delays

Hessian

Post-em!

I suspect much of SoMd will either close or delay...I want to know as soon as possible because I have made long-term plans for a field trip that will clearly get screwed up if they delay tomorrow in PG.
(I hope they don't wait to 5 am to make the decision!!!:doh:)

When you hear a closing...let everybody know (and cite the source--being a clasroom teacher-you just don't accept a paper unless it has an MLA Citation!):lmao:

Hoover

Colleges only accept APA papers now - geez!!! Might help if you get up before 5 am and turn on your tv to see and hear the local closings.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
The soonest PG would announce would be the 6:00 news today, I'll bet. They'll wait to see how many of the parking lots they can get plowed and what kind of road reports that they're getting on the subdivisions. Based on past experience, though, we're probably llooking at at least a two hour delay if the southern part of the county got 6 - 8 inches, and more likely a closing for Monday.

aisasami

Colleges only accept APA papers now - geez!!! Might help if you get up before 5 am and turn on your tv to see and hear the local closings.

What college did you go to? They use MLA still (and I at a college that uses Chicago style).

stars24

What college did you go to? They use MLA still (and I at a college that uses Chicago style).

It really depends more on what field you're in.

APA: Social sciences including education, political science, psychology, sociology, anthro...

MLA: Humanities including English, history, literature, communications

Chicago style... I don't know know much about that. :)

Sorry to get off topic. If I hear of a school closing (which I'll be anxiously awaiting all day), I'll post and be more on topic.

glitch

Devil's Advocate
It really depends more on what field you're in.

APA: Social sciences including education, political science, psychology, sociology, anthro...

MLA: Humanities including English, history, literature, communications

Chicago style... I don't know know much about that. :)

Sorry to get off topic. If I hear of a school closing (which I'll be anxiously awaiting all day), I'll post and be more on topic.

Yeah, that. But, for the record, MLA sucks.

awpitt

Main Streeter
St. Mary's County Public Schools are closed Monday, February 1, 2010. Code 2 for employees.