2 Hour Delay for St Mary's County School for 2/2

sm8

I was looking at that and thinking, "Great we get to send the kids to school just in time for it to start snowing". I am having a hard time finding projected totals though.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I was looking at that and thinking, "Great we get to send the kids to school just in time for it to start snowing". I am having a hard time finding projected totals though.

Mechanicsville, Maryland (20659) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

Tuesday
Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain and snow in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 30s. Southeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Tuesday Night
Snow. Total snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Lows in the upper 20s. East winds around 5 mph...becoming north after midnight. Chance of snow 80 percent

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
How many snow days does the county get? Do the kids need to make these days up?

I think there are 3-4 snow days built into the schedule but in all reality who really cares? Unless you have a family trip planned the day after school should get out I wonder why anyone would care that the school year might be extended a day or two. Heck I am all up for year round school.:lmao:

stars24

How many snow days does the county get? Do the kids need to make these days up?

I think there are 5 days built-in to the schedule (for SMCPS). If we don't use them, we'll get out earlier then what the district calendar currently says. April 30th can also be used as a make-up day if necessary.

And word on the street is that we might not have to make up the 2 from December since MD was in a state of emergency.

sm8

5 days are built in, they will either extend the school year if need be or take proffesional days.

red_explorer

Dont be surprised...

Schools will be opening 2 hours late tomorrow 2/2...unless of course we get more tonight and they change their mind

A lot of the roads in South County are still pretty bad. Dont be surprised if it gets changed. Bauer, Post Oak, Mattipany, Waterview, Bayne, all are road with a bunch of kids riding the school buses, and they're in pretty bad shape.

sm8

From the bottom of the "System Operational Calendar, 2009-2010"

"Inclement Weather and Emergency School Closing Alternatives
Inclement weather and emergency school closing make-up alternatives include five days at the end of the year and other days noted as possible make-up days in the
calendar. If additional days are needed, they will be added to the closing date. The number of days for students will be a minimum of 180 and the number of days for
teachers will be 190 duty days. School buildings and offices may be closed on some professional days to permit all employees to participate. Notice will be given"