Republicans are ALL loons.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I really want to hear what you guys have to say about this.
Not sure what you are expecting to hear/read. The Kos is not bravely treading into unseen territory here.

I do like the bulleted 'nuggets' in the article. The Kos likes to believe that if even a quarter of [polled] Republicans believe something they all believe it.

The entire poll is amusing in that they ask perfectly sane, predictable questions (such as if states' rights should be respected, and if Christians believe in Christ) that are geared to draw feigned disbelief from Liberals. :bigwhoop:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kos is a legend in his own mind. He's a two-bit nobody tool of the Left who only got famous because he posts what other Leftist tools want to hear. I remember the first time I ever heard him mentioned on a national news show, touted as a credible journalist - I about fell out of my chair.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Kos is a legend in his own mind. He's a two-bit nobody tool of the Left who only got famous because he posts what other Leftist tools want to hear. I remember the first time I ever heard him mentioned on a national news show, touted as a credible journalist - I about fell out of my chair.

:high5:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Tidbits from the site;

21 percent believe the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) stole the 2008 election and 55 percent aren't sure.

31 percent believe Obama is a racist who hates white people and 33 percent aren't sure.

23 percent want their state to secede from the U.S. and 19 percent aren't sure.

Only 26 percent favor letting openly gay Americans serve in the military.

67 percent believe the only way to get to heaven is through Jesus Christ.

The ACORN question could be rephrased as 'do you think there was voter fraud in 2000 and 2004?" and you'd get something like, what, 50-60% of Democrats saying yes.

The racism question could be rephrased as "Do you think George Bush considered race in directing federal response to hurricane Katrina and the needs of New Orleans?" and what would the Dem response be, a third, more?

Same for the secession question. Just place it in 2000 or 2004 and ask Dems.

I'd be curious what percentage of Dems are in favor of gays serving openly. Many Dems told us in 2008 that many DEMS in their districts would not vote for Obama because of race.

And the heaven and Christianity question illustrates a level of intellectual retardation that only makes me laugh and shake my head. :lol:

There's nothing wrong with the pol. The problem is in it's use. Kos is a vacuum head. His thinking and his logic occur only in his paradigm. What the poll really tells us is he ain't all that bright of a dude. Either that or he thinks his followers are ####ing retards. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I put Mr. Kos on the same level as Ms. Huffington. Idjits. All they spew is vitriolic hate. If they actually ever had a cogent thought/idea to express, they might be able to be taken seriously.

At least Arianna admits that she and her site engages in punditry - Kos tries to pass himself off as a serious news journalist.

What's up with the Left and these amateur bloggers, anyway? I've never heard Free Republic mentioned on a national level as a real news site, yet the DU has been cited numerous times by brand name TV news people. Kos, Perez Hilton, HuffPo...they have this strange journalistic credibility with the Left.

It's creepy.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
At least Arianna admits that she and her site engages in punditry - Kos tries to pass himself off as a serious news journalist.
:yay:
What's up with the Left and these amateur bloggers, anyway? I've never heard Free Republic mentioned on a national level as a real news site, yet the DU has been cited numerous times by brand name TV news people. Kos, Perez Hilton, HuffPo...they have this strange journalistic credibility with the Left.

It's creepy.

Yeah, it is creepy.

And you'd think it was something other than just journalistic ideological bias towards the Liberals -but what else could it be?

Otter

Nothing to see here

It's creepy.

Only time I've heard Free Republic mentioned was when the guy on FR proved that Dan Rather's 'big breaking story' on Bush's military service was based on a bogus letter. Even then, it was barely reported.

ImnoMensa

21 percent believe the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) stole the 2008 election and 55 percent aren't sure.
31 percent believe Obama is a racist who hates white people and 33 percent aren't sure.
23 percent want their state to secede from the U.S. and 19 percent aren't sure.
Only 26 percent favor letting openly gay Americans serve in the military.
67 percent believe the only way to get to heaven is through Jesus Christ.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.Certainly ACORN had a voice in the Obama election, whether or not they created enough votes to steal the Obama election is questionable, I dont believe that. I believe it's fact they elected Al Franken in a crooked election.

2.Certainly I believe Obama to be racist, the fact that he got 95% of the black vote supports that ,as does his wife and her statement about not being proud to be American until his election. His affiliation with a Church that was racist and his damned lie about not hearing the racial hatred in that Church. His work as a Community organiser never organised any whites. Even his own book points out his racism.

3. Many states who have spoken of secession do so in an attempt at protecting themselves from legislation by a strictly partisan Congress that is illegally attempting to
deny the United States Constitution, and force their agenda on the states.

4.What is so wrong for those who believe in heaven to believe the way to get there is through Jesus Christ? Do those who do not believe in heaven have a right to mock that belief? Who knows how many Heavens there are? Perhaps there is a Jewish heaven, a Hindu heaven, a Buddhist Heaven. I have doubts of a Muslim heaven filled with Virgins for martyrs who kill children and women, and their own daughters. But Maybe it is a suburb of Hell.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

I can make a poll say anything that I want it to say by doing the following:
  1. Consciously carefully wording the questions to elicit the response that I am looking for the poll to get.
  2. Unconsciously including a bias in the questions because I'm unaware that it is a personal bias.
  3. Gearing the wording to include more emotional terms that would resonate with a particular demographic group, thus guaranteeing a certain answer.
  4. conducting the poll in a certain geographic area to get desired results.
  5. Conducting the poll using a certain media method more favored with the targeted demographic group.
  6. Using a statistically insignificant sample number (could not reasonably be interpreted to apply to all)
  7. flawed math extrapolations
etc., etc., etc.

I don't believe in polls -- the only thing they show is the bias of the pollmaker.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
* 21 percent believe the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) stole the 2008 election and 55 percent aren't sure.
* 31 percent believe Obama is a racist who hates white people and 33 percent aren't sure.
* 23 percent want their state to secede from the U.S. and 19 percent aren't sure.
* Only 26 percent favor letting openly gay Americans serve in the military.
* 67 percent believe the only way to get to heaven is through Jesus Christ.

If 26 percent is ONLY, why isn't 21 percent ONLY as well? How about 23 percent being ONLY if 26 percent is ONLY?

Some very selective and not very subtle nuance there.

Rommey

What's missing from the research is context, Darren Lenard Hutchinson observed on his blog Dissenting Justice. "It does not provide comparative results for self-identified Democrats and Independents. So, while Kos and many Daily Kos readers believe that the poll proves the extremism among Republicans, it is difficult to make this conclusion without comparative data
As I was reading the poll details, I couldn't help but wonder how self-identified Democrats and Independents would have answered those same exact questions. After all, a certain amount of Independents lean to the Republican base and a certain amount lean to the Democratic base.

Vince

:yeahthat: I can't write worth a crap and I'm a better journalist.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Why do they include the "not sure's" with the answers?

Not sure is usually a catch all.. of I don't know enough or anything about it to say.. I don't have an opinion.. or I JUST DON'T CARE.

21% say ACORN won the election, and 50% said not sure.. so they're implying with the way they put it, that 71% of Republicans believe ACORN stole the election.

There are so many issues with this survey that I find it hard to believe anyone would publish the results.

#1 if they are "self identified" Republicans, I would suggest those are already extreme righties.. and probabably identified from the Republican equivalent of the DU..

2000 is NOT a big enough sample of either party to prove anything, especially when those 2000 were obviously hand picked.

And finallly, anyone familiar with statistics and research knows that 92.3% of all statistics and research is made up.

The data is useless, and meaningless.

E

EmptyTimCup

I believe it was Sonsie that pointed out ;

KOS is Arabic for Pussy ...