Help Needed

Danzig

Holy Face Church and the Little Flower School in Great Mills is asking for help to remove a huge amount of snow on a portion of the school's flat roof. The Plant Manager, Jerry Humenik told TBN that the flat area is between other roof structures and that the high winds of last weekend's blizzard blew an enormous amount of snow.

"In am concerned that the roof will not withstand any more weight and with the new weather forecast calling for up to 14 inches, we need to get that snow removed," said Humenik.

Humenik asked for anyone coming to help to please being a snow shovel and a bucket. "We're going to have to clear the roof with buckets."

Little Flower School is located at 20408 Point Lookout Road in Great Mills. The number at the church is (301) 994-0525.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
*bump*

If anyone can go help, give them a call.

Dang, I can't believe all these buildings that are caving in under this mess...

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
I am heading out now. I have a meeting that I have to run to but I am throwing my shovel in the truck and will stop in to see if I can help as soon as I am done with the meeting.

TrueSOMDGirl

resident Spring Bunny
A little off topic but does anyone know of anyone in the area that helps shovels walks? I have some elderly friends that are snowed in because they are unable to shovel the walks. No one in their area either.

I personally cannot do it, I can help but I am all of 5'4 and 114 pounds. Not much in the strong department.

somdfunguy

not impressed
A little off topic but does anyone know of anyone in the area that helps shovels walks? I have some elderly friends that are snowed in because they are unable to shovel the walks. No one in their area either.

I personally cannot do it, I can help but I am all of 5'4 and 114 pounds. Not much in the strong department.

what area are they in?

bulldog

Holy Face Church and the Little Flower School in Great Mills is asking for help to remove a huge amount of snow on a portion of the school's flat roof. The Plant Manager, Jerry Humenik told TBN that the flat area is between other roof structures and that the high winds of last weekend's blizzard blew an enormous amount of snow.

"In am concerned that the roof will not withstand any more weight and with the new weather forecast calling for up to 14 inches, we need to get that snow removed," said Humenik.

Humenik asked for anyone coming to help to please being a snow shovel and a bucket. "We're going to have to clear the roof with buckets."

Little Flower School is located at 20408 Point Lookout Road in Great Mills. The number at the church is (301) 994-0525.

Not sure how they are going to accomplish this, but if they plan to put people ON the roof, probably not a good idea. The weight of a person, concentrated in a couple of square feet of space is much more than what the snow would be. Trouble waiting to happen. Hope their insurance is paid up in case someone falls.

stars24

I'd be willing to help. I'm going crazy looking for stuff to do in the house. Shoot me a pm and we can work it out.

If you pass on the info to me too, I'll help. :) I'm not much in the way of size or muscle, but I can certainly help!