Ahhhh! Got the fireplace going!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Had to shovel the ashes out, from the previous roast, but I've got it lit, and the logs have caught on!

Even if the power goes out, I've got heat for the rest of the night! :yahoo:

wintersprings

same here, except the power went out for the last 5 hrs

Its back on, and I can surf again........

still have wood for about 10 more hrs.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I wish I had a fireplace. I'll even take a fake one. :frown:

It's one of the main reasons that I bought this place. After looking it over, it had a(still has:lol:) a built in garage, a full basement, along with the fireplace. I knew darn well that fireplace would get it's use; plus the buit in garage keeps my vehicle out of the nasty weather, uh, like today?

Thank the Lord for that!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I built a roaring fire when power went out around 5:30 tonight. Kept us toasty until power was restored.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
Got mine going!

Attachments

• CookingVealStew.jpg
    CookingVealStew.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 93

tyky

eieio
Had to shovel the ashes out, from the previous roast, but I've got it lit, and the logs have caught on!

Even if the power goes out, I've got heat for the rest of the night! :yahoo:

That is why I love my gas fireplace...just a push of a button to fire it up :biggrin:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
That is why I love my gas fireplace...just a push of a button to fire it up :biggrin:

I've been thinking about doing the changeover myself. All it takes is a few hundred bucks, and my fireplace already has the outlets, where you "tap out" a few tiles, run the propane hook ups, and install the new fake logs and grill.

hmm....but then again, I've got wood! :killingme

MMDad

Lem Putt
That's why you get a wood stove.

Still takes warm inside air for combustion and puts it up the chimney - unless you use an outside air intake.

Yes, it can be effective, but the gas logs are so damn convenient and a great supplemental heat source.