Tips for post-storm drivers...(PSA)

Hessian

Took a run to Waldorf today (from Calvert)...
Drivers (especially some of you young ones...)

a) All corners are much narrower than normal!
b) Black ice will be a major surprise ...put more distance between cars.
c) Lanes are narrow!...if you swipe into one you will be tossed into the middle of the road & maybe opposing traffic.
e) Huge mounds block vision at intersections--don't pull out unless you KNOW it is clear.
f) Deer have not eaten in a week: they might be roaming around looking for shrubs & very skittish on ice.
g) New potholes will appear in the week ahead and the county won't fill them in any time soon!-They can quickly ruin your day.

Anyway,...take it easy out there: yeah the snow is not coming down anymore but it really can be a hazzard driving...
(sorry if this is common sense to many of you but ...new drivers have NOT been in these conditions before)

Sadysue

All very good tips!

I'm not a "young" driver and a lot of those situations were new to me. I learned to be VERY careful in parking lots.

NURSCAMERON

Storm & Post-storm drivers!

Thank you for bringing this subject up. Being a nurse, it is essential that I make it to work no matter what kind of weather is upon us. I do have a 4wd, however, I still drive slower and with more caution in difficult weather conditions. I was driving down Hollywood Rd wednesday night(the roads were packed with ice, snow, and slush) when a guy in a pick-up truck passed me in excess of 50 mph. Yes, that may have been the posted speed limit, however, common sense would tell you to slow down. DO "YOU" PEOPLE(YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) HAVE ANY SELF RESPECT OR SELF WORTH??? IT'S OBIVIOUS YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT YOURSELF & YOU FEEL YOU ARE INVINSIBLE, HOWEVER, LET ME ASSURE YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT! It only takes a second for you to lose control and it's a rap. Have respect for others on the road that HAVE to be on the road. What happens when you lose control that one time and you cause an accident that is fatal. When that person you hit and kill happens to be a child, your child, or your loved ones, I BET YOU WILL WISH YOU COULD HAVE SLOWED DOWN.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Clean your vehicle off please. That goes for you Mr. SUV Driver and to you Mrs. Soccer Mom (even if you are Milfy).

thurley42

HY;FR
Thank you for bringing this subject up. Being a nurse, it is essential that I make it to work no matter what kind of weather is upon us. I do have a 4wd, however, I still drive slower and with more caution in difficult weather conditions. I was driving down Hollywood Rd wednesday night(the roads were packed with ice, snow, and slush) when a guy in a pick-up truck passed me in excess of 50 mph. Yes, that may have been the posted speed limit, however, common sense would tell you to slow down. DO "YOU" PEOPLE(YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE) HAVE ANY SELF RESPECT OR SELF WORTH??? IT'S OBIVIOUS YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT YOURSELF & YOU FEEL YOU ARE INVINSIBLE, HOWEVER, LET ME ASSURE YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT! It only takes a second for you to lose control and it's a rap. Have respect for others on the road that HAVE to be on the road. What happens when you lose control that one time and you cause an accident that is fatal. When that person you hit and kill happens to be a child, your child, or your loved ones, I BET YOU WILL WISH YOU COULD HAVE SLOWED DOWN.

You sound like you have some issues you need to work out. Therapy.......lots of it.

You sound like you have some issues you need to work out. Therapy.......lots of it.

Not really. gotta remember that people like her see the results of the stupidity in the ER. It gets to be an old and predictable recurring pattern. Not to mention putting all the rescue people at risk by having to deal with that person's stupidity as well.

PsyOps

Pixelated

And you are a pinhead! The ones that need therapy are those that feel their actions don't affect anyone else. You want to drive like a brainless Neanderthal do it where no one else is around so the only person that ends up in a wheelchair is YOU.

Last edited:
Clean your vehicle off please. That goes for you Mr. SUV Driver and to you Mrs. Soccer Mom (even if you are Milfy).

My son and I witnessed a state trooper had a vehicle pulled over yesterday in the Leonardtown area. The trooper was standing there watching as the woman was cleaning the top of her car off! :clap:

Betcha a road-hazard ticket went along with that stop.

thurley42

HY;FR
And you are a pinhead! The ones that need therapy are those that feel their actions don't affect anyone else. You want to drive like a brainless Neanderthal do it where no one else is around so the only person that ends up in a wheelchair is YOU.

a pinhead!!! oh no!:killingme

My son and I witnessed a state trooper had a vehicle pulled over yesterday in the Leonardtown area. The trooper was standing there watching as the woman was cleaning the top of her car off! :clap:

Officers have been pretty lax about handing out tickets for that. I'm thinking she must have done something else to get his attention!

Kudos to the officer!

nomoney

awesome! One of those ice chunks flew off into my windshield last night and I now have a nice little ding that I have to get fixed. Might be too big for the free preventive fix most insurances pay for and if it is I'm out 100$ deductable because some ahole was too lazy to clean snow off of their car.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
awesome! One of those ice chunks flew off into my windshield last night and I now have a nice little ding that I have to get fixed. Might be too big for the free preventive fix most insurances pay for and if it is I'm out 100$ deductable because some ahole was too lazy to clean snow off of their car.

My co-workers entire windshield got busted out by ice/snow on someone's truck roof. They were traveling in opposite directions and the snow just slid right off. Luckily he wasn't injured, other than minor scratches.

Jameo

What?!

:clap:

GraphitePearl

I (from a good distance) followed a woman in this morning from Calvert driving a full size Suburban with a giant chunk of said snow/ice still covering the top of her soccer mobile. To make matters even better, there was snow still completely piled up on her back bumper and license plate recess rendering her plate completely unreadable and obscured. And she had her right taillight out. If that wasn't a moving violation I don't know what is...I even snapped a picture of it. The wifey said why are leaving so much room in between us and that lady up there? I said, I'm not getting anywhere near that accident waiting to happen....

JoeR

Think of it this way nursecameron, idiots like that and thurley42 keep yourself and us firefighters and EMTs gainfully employed!!!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I (from a good distance) followed a woman in this morning from Calvert driving a full size Suburban with a giant chunk of said snow/ice still covering the top of her soccer mobile. To make matters even better, there was snow still completely piled up on her back bumper and license plate recess rendering her plate completely unreadable and obscured. And she had her right taillight out. If that wasn't a moving violation I don't know what is...I even snapped a picture of it. The wifey said why are leaving so much room in between us and that lady up there? I said, I'm not getting anywhere near that accident waiting to happen....
Call them in as a drunk driver since a sober rational person would clean their car off :lol:

glitch

Devil's Advocate
I honestly don't know how people are still driving around with snow on top of their cars. They must intentionally park in the shade or something. I cleaned my car off Thursday morning and by noon there wasn't a speck of ice/snow to be seen and that's with a roof rack.