Ha ha ha

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
This is why you shouldn't have libby friends - they always want to sue everyone because they're too dumb to look where they're going.

Decorator Sues Anderson Cooper After 17-Foot Fall in Anchor's Home - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

I don't know about you, but if I had a chance to go into an old former firehouse that's being considered for the National Registry of Historic Places the first thing I would want to see would be where the firepole was located. The first things I would want to know upon seeing it would be where's the pole and How secure is that covering?

Tort reform in all areas!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't know about you, but if I had a chance to go into an old former firehouse that's being considered for the National Registry of Historic Places the first thing I would want to see would be where the firepole was located. The first things I would want to know upon seeing it would be where's the pole and How secure is that covering?

We'll note that Anderson Cooper isn't some great brain, yet he has managed to be in the building numerous times without falling through the fire pole hole.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

The first thing I'd do would be get the pole back in working order. I'm not going to go any further because you can't talk about a pole without sounding gay.

ImnoMensa

The first thing I'd do would be get the pole back in working order. I'm not going to go any further because you can't talk about a pole without sounding gay.

Most of the older Firehouses had a lid that covered the pole hole during the day. The first fireman to get to it opened the lid and slid the pole.

For some reason when they closed an older Firehouse the first thing removed was the pole. Price of Brass I suppose. The newer firehouses had a spring in the bottom of the pole that opened a clamshell type closer when the first fireman slid it. Most of these holes had a railing at the entrance with a partition to go through to slide the pole. The new Firehouses today have a closet the pole is enclosed in.

The purpose of these doors and lids is more for keeping out the fumes and noise on the first floor than for protection as most fireman are smart enough not to walk into the hole. Today many of these closets are provided with exhaust fans to remove smoke from starting the engines.

Obviously this was an old Firehouse and the pole had been removed, Dont know why the lid would have been kept open,or removed, but even so, it would seem someone would be smart enough to turn on a light when they entered the second floor and would notice a hole there.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
This is why you shouldn't have libby friends - they always want to sue everyone because they're too dumb to look where they're going.

No kidding!

The building was nominated in January for a spot on the National Register of Historic Places, which, besides ensuring the preservation of its facade, would also give Cooper a slew of tax breaks.

Read more: CNN anchor sued for 'unsafe' building - NYPOST.com

Thanks to the lawsuit, there goes the tax breaks...:coffee:

bohman

We'll note that Anderson Cooper isn't some great brain, yet he has managed to be in the building numerous times without falling through the fire pole hole.

Another thing that doesn't add up is that this person is apparently experienced in re-designing older commercial and industrial buildings. Those type of environments are likely to be loaded with dangerous items. Yet she managed to survive all of that, only to fall through what I presume is a big damned hole. What gives? She didn't have her coffee that morning? Left her glasses at home?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Another thing that doesn't add up is that this person is apparently experienced in re-designing older commercial and industrial buildings. Those type of environments are likely to be loaded with dangerous items. Yet she managed to survive all of that, only to fall through what I presume is a big damned hole. What gives? She didn't have her coffee that morning? Left her glasses at home?

Somebody pulled the old "put a carpet over the hole" bit, gets them every time.

bohman

Somebody pulled the old "put a carpet over the hole" bit, gets them every time.

The story does have a bit of a Warner Bros. cartoon feel to it, doesn't it? She should have held up a "Yikes!" sign like Wile E. Coyote just before she fell.

E

EmptyTimCup

unless there are women involved

Last edited by a moderator: