Cash For Appliances

SamSpade

Anyone look into these for Maryland?

We bought a new dishwasher this weekend, but it looks like dishwashers didn't make Maryland's list.

Pete

Repete
I had to get a new dryer and I picked up the pamphlet from SMECO where you get $50 if you replace certain appliances with energy star ones. Refrigerator and washing machines were the ones I remember for that program.

bohman

I had to get a new dryer and I picked up the pamphlet from SMECO where you get $50 if you replace certain appliances with energy star ones. Refrigerator and washing machines were the ones I remember for that program.

I just had SMECO pick up an old fridge from my house today. Good deal for me. Spend $10 to haul it to the dump, or make $50 letting somebody else do the work.

betty99

Why are dryers not included? Do they use less energy than a washer?

There are no discounts on dryers because they do not have an ENERGY STAR rating.

Dryers with the moisture sensors are more energy efficient than the standard variety though, in the event you are looking for a more efficient dryer option.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Thanks betty. I was just curious because my MIL's dryer crapped out on her. I know she doesn't have alot of $$ right now. Getting a rebate, no matter how small, would have been a help.