Don't put your jackets away just yet !

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/more-harsh-weather-on-the-way/19366785?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Fmore-harsh-weather-on-the-way%2F19366785

It Could be a cold snowie rough March !...:coffee:

T

toppick08

:rolleyes:..no #### sherlock......

It will get right in May.......

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
It Could be a cold snowie rough March !...:coffee:[/QUOTE]

Have snow will shovel ! How do you get out in 20' snow drifts?

The great snow, depending on the source, began on February 27 or March 1. On February 27 a typical New England nor'easter passed through, with snow falling on some areas and other places receiving a mix of snow, sleet, and rain.[3] The first major snowstorm occurred on March 1, with another on the 4th, and a third, the worst among the three, on the 7th. At some points, the snow would lighten and stop, but the sky would remain cloudy, showing no signs of clearing.[4][3]

Some of the oldest Native Americans had said that even their ancestors never spoke of a storm of this magnitude.[5] Boston received around 40 inches (100 cm) of snow, while some places north of the city reached up to 60 inches (150 cm).[3] In Hampton, Massachusetts, the snow was so deep that people could only leave their houses from the second floor on the lee side of the house, implying actual snow depths of as much as 8 feet (2.4 m) or more.[4] Many single-story homes were buried completely, without even the chimney showing. On the larger residences, drifts reached the third-story window on the windward side.[4] Large expanses of snow were 10–15 feet (3.0–4.6 m) deep, with some significant drifts 20 feet (6.1 m) deep.[5]

The post roads were impassible until at least March 15, with the mailmen describing snow drifts 6–14 feet (1.8–4.3 m) from Boston to Portsmouth more than a week after the storm.[6] Travel was also impossible for a time from New York City to Boston.[7]

The geographic scope of the storm is unknown, due to the scarce population and poor record-keeping of the day. Most information is known only from private diaries. The snow was known to be several feet deep around Philadelphia, New York City, New London, Connecticut, Boston and Portsmouth, New Hampshire.[3][6][8]

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Channel 9 said this morning that another major snow storm may be in our area Wednesday night into Thursday. :ohwell:

red_explorer

when?

It Could be a cold snowie rough March !...:coffee:

Have snow will shovel ! How do you get out in 20' snow drifts?

The great snow, depending on the source, began on February 27 or March 1. On February 27 a typical New England nor'easter passed through, with snow falling on some areas and other places receiving a mix of snow, sleet, and rain.[3] The first major snowstorm occurred on March 1, with another on the 4th, and a third, the worst among the three, on the 7th. At some points, the snow would lighten and stop, but the sky would remain cloudy, showing no signs of clearing.[4][3]

Some of the oldest Native Americans had said that even their ancestors never spoke of a storm of this magnitude.[5] Boston received around 40 inches (100 cm) of snow, while some places north of the city reached up to 60 inches (150 cm).[3] In Hampton, Massachusetts, the snow was so deep that people could only leave their houses from the second floor on the lee side of the house, implying actual snow depths of as much as 8 feet (2.4 m) or more.[4] Many single-story homes were buried completely, without even the chimney showing. On the larger residences, drifts reached the third-story window on the windward side.[4] Large expanses of snow were 10–15 feet (3.0–4.6 m) deep, with some significant drifts 20 feet (6.1 m) deep.[5]

The post roads were impassible until at least March 15, with the mailmen describing snow drifts 6–14 feet (1.8–4.3 m) from Boston to Portsmouth more than a week after the storm.[6] Travel was also impossible for a time from New York City to Boston.[7]

The geographic scope of the storm is unknown, due to the scarce population and poor record-keeping of the day. Most information is known only from private diaries. The snow was known to be several feet deep around Philadelphia, New York City, New London, Connecticut, Boston and Portsmouth, New Hampshire.[3][6][8][/QUOTE]

When did this occur?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
footsforecast.org doesn't seem especially concerned about the mid week.
:yeahthat: Everything I've heard and read indicates a non-event.

Here's the correct link---> More Harsh Weather on the Way - AOL News

And she left out this part....
The biggest storm of the week might be found as it draws to a close. The merger of cold air and a storm along the East Coast has the potential to produce a wind-whipped snowstorm in New England. Early indications are that the storm might miss the areas hardest hit by snow this year -- from Philadelphia southward to Washington, D.C. -- but the return of a more well-defined southern storm track by the latter part of the week might open the door for an intense storm next week

Last edited:
Can you please tell me what the weather will be like on May 15th? I'm getting married that day, outside.

Thank you :biggrin:

T

toppick08

Can you please tell me what the weather will be like on May 15th? I'm getting married that day, outside.

Thank you :biggrin:

To tell you the truth...........May can be foolish(weather wise) as well........:smoochy:

Vince

Weather Channel says rain Wed and maybe some mixed snow Thurs, but I don't think it's going to be cold enough.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Channel 9 said this morning that another major snow storm may be in our area Wednesday night into Thursday. :ohwell:

Actually, Channel 9 hasn't said anyting about a "major" storm. They did say that temps will be in the upper 30s for the rest of the week and that a storm might affect DC by late Wednesday into Thursday and that they will continue to watch this one closely for the threat of more snow.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Actually, Channel 9 hasn't said anyting about a "major" storm. They did say that temps will be in the upper 30s for the rest of the week and that a storm might affect DC by late Wednesday into Thursday and that they will continue to watch this one closely for the threat of more snow.

Ok good! I got the info second-hand and was quite surprised because I also had heard that the temps wouldn't be cold enough. I love snow but I've had my fill for the year!!