Where is a good reliable place to get taxes done?

Deltazetagirl

Where has everyone had their taxes prepared? I had a baby and some college so were are having them prepared by someone other than myself. Any suggestions? Where did you get them done and how much was the cost?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Even with those new things (congrats) It is still fairly easy to do them with turbotax..or taxact.com...really pretty fool-proof.

If not, check with st marys college or the community college..I know my university's accounting students did them for free.

P

playerhater

Where has everyone had their taxes prepared? I had a baby and some college so were are having them prepared by someone other than myself. Any suggestions? Where did you get them done and how much was the cost?

TURBO tax, your situation is not complicated enough to pay about 200 bucks for H&R or someone else. I paid H&R block just a little over 200 last year and they go up every year. I used TURBO last year for the first time, but because I was hesitant I did not finish and pay, so I went to H&R block but I was about 200 bucks off, that was just because they inflated a couple of things. I am sure my tax situation was more complicated than yours. This year turbo for sure, all I have to do is pull out my paperwork from last year and go off that.

Uncle Charlie

Beer is Good!!!!
Pam's Accounting

I second the vote for Pam Abell, Pam's Accounting and Tax Service. Call 301-373-4600. Call soon, she starts cutting off new business anyday as she gets overwhelmed.

She has done my accounting and taxes, both personal and professional for years. Reasonably priced, knows the laws, knows the loopholes and is very good at what she does.

She is warm, friendly and personable too. And no, I am not sleeping with her or anything, I just know she is good at what she does!

lisa8439

I'll second (or third) the turbo tax software... it walks you through all of those deductions, and it is VERY easy to just enter the information in. Like someone else said, it doesn't sound like you should be paying someone $$$ to do your taxes for you. Unless you have a lot of property, other assets, have a lot of charity writeoffs, own a business, etc. you don't really need to pay someone to do your taxes, the software will walk you through everything that you need to enter values for, then prepare the forms for you - MUCH easier... and cheaper! :buddies:

B

Bronwyn

Tax Cut online through H&R Block. It's really simple and step by step. I think it was only 17.95$

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
I used Pam for many years. She is great! The only reason I stopped using her is my now husband likes to do his own using Turbo tax. I was not happy giving her up.

General Lee

I've always used JRJ in White Plains

I used to use them, but two years in a row I ended up owing with really no change from the previous years. They wouldn't put any effort into helping you figure where you may be going wrong and where your deductions could be found. Once I stopped using them, I was getting refunds again.

sm8

We us Pams Accounting also, I love having her as an accountant. I believe her fees start at $75 and go up from there depending on how complicated your taxes get. Yours sound fairly simple though.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell

There are lots of unanswered questions to your situation to give preparer suggestion or advice; and it also depends on how complicated your 2009 income has been. On line programs are simple, but they don't answer hard individual questions. If you have doubts and questions, I would suggest paying the fees and getting professional guidance. I see there are a few suggestions. Perhaps you should consider them...

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
The Federal Government is offering a fast free simplified service!!!

How Much Did You Make?

Send It In!!! :whistle:

P

playerhater

Free Tax Preparation - Maryland Tax Day
ST. MARY'S COUNTY - 2/25/2010

Printer friendly

Tax counselors certified by IRS and AARP will offer free tax preparation services for low to moderate income taxpayers on Saturday, Feb. 27, at both the Lexington Park and Leonardtown libraries from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. No appointment necessary. Taxpayers must have proof of social security number and show a picture identification. Bring all income and tax related information including names, social security numbers, birth dates for self, spouse, and dependents, and a copy of last year's return. Basic returns only; no business or rental income returns will be done.