The Leaking plant

Bonehead

Cmon a dual unit trip is in no way related to melting the Reactor Core. Most people fear nuclear power because they don't understand how the plant operates.

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
We have also inspected lots of equipment for a similar condition.

Looking at all the news post the guys did all the right things in the control room preventing a meltdown even with the few saftey failures. Job well done !

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
Cmon a dual unit trip is in no way related to melting the Reactor Core. Most people fear nuclear power because they don't understand how the plant operates.

Their reactor coolant pumps were activated, but there was a loss of power to safety systems, according to an NRC news release. Diesel generators kept at the ready to provide backup power did start up, but one generator supplying power to Unit 2 shut down. Workers were able to tie in another power source and return power to the unit and its safety equipment, the NRC said.

Bonehead

Ummm

The Reacor Coolant pump ( 1 of 4 ) tripped due to water intrusion which caused a Reactor trip automatically on one Unit. The other Unit tripped due to an electrical fault on a transformer.There was never any challenge to reactor core cooling on either Unit.