"Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them."

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
SEATTLE - We teach kids to be nice to each other. But some parents don't think a T-shirt that reads "Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them." sends kids the right message.

The T-Shirt is sold at the local Bon-Macy's. But some parents who saw the Bon Macy's ad this Sunday thought that's the last thing kids should wear.

We wanted to ask kids.

Listen to the students in a View Ridge Elementary 4th grade class: "Why would these big stores be advertising something like this? It's inappropriate," said Anya Tudisco.

"It wouldn't be fun having someone walking around wearing that T-shirt," added Cooper Cearns.

School counselor Susan Guralnick says the shirt's message is the opposite of what she teaches in her anti-bullying classes.

"Even though we think they're kidding and it's just clothing, it goes into our thinking, our collective thinking. It's very unkind," she said.

But the company who makes these shirts says it's not unkind, it's a joke. A spokesman for David and Goliath says the company has sold millions of shirts with this message. It's their best seller.

Kimberly Reason, a spokesperson for Bon Macy's here in Seattle says, "The David and Goliath line sells very well... The company got a couple of complaints about the ad over the weekend... and it's company policy to always listen to customers. If we get complaints we'll reassess... we've pulled products in the past, and could do it again."

The company that makes the shirts says despite complaints there are no plans to change the message. But you can actually change the message by filling in a blank on the shirt with a washable pen.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My daughter has that t-shirt and I think it's funny. :lol: The other daughter has one that says "I love cats. They taste like chicken". :lol:

J

justhangn

I swear, my neck hurts from shaking my head so much at the ignorance of the people today.

tater

Originally posted by justhangn
I swear, my neck hurts from shaking my head so much at the ignorance of the people today.

Oh, you're just in a twist because you haven't been able to find an "I love women, I think every man should own one or two" shirt. :duh:

:biggrin:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by tater
Oh, you're just in a twist because you haven't been able to find an "I love women, I think every man should own one or two" shirt. :duh:

:biggrin:

:roflmao:
I've always been a bit partial to, "Women, the most re-gifted item." :biggrin: