Glut

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Has anyone ever been here? Looks neat, I just wish we had something like this closer to us. :ohwell: There aren't any co-ops around here.

GLUT Food Co-op - The Maryland/DC Area's source for cheap, organic foods, local produce, and bulk everything!

Frederick had so many great farm co-ops..you could get meats, cheeses, eggs, produce..whatever the farm had...once a week or so...for not a whole lot a month.. It was great. I didnt join one because I didn't have a need for all that stuff for just me and SO..but I got great stuff from a coworkers co op. I wish some farms did that aorund here! Probably not large enough to support it..but a great idea..the link looks like its a bit of the same idea.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Frederick had so many great farm co-ops..you could get meats, cheeses, eggs, produce..whatever the farm had...once a week or so...for not a whole lot a month.. It was great. I didnt join one because I didn't have a need for all that stuff for just me and SO..but I got great stuff from a coworkers co op. I wish some farms did that aorund here! Probably not large enough to support it..but a great idea..the link looks like its a bit of the same idea.

I think they do Even' Star Organic Farm - LocalHarvest

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
There's an organic farm in lexington park:confused: The lex park pickup area says it is the farm itself? Bizarre. Anyway that sounds great! not as much stuff as the frederick farms..but I think I may share with my mom...tomatoes :yahoo:

Who knew!?!

A friend of mine uses this place. :lol:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
There is a great CSA on 235 around Hillville going south.... Ugh, I can't remember the name of the farm :doh: but they practice organic farming, in the process of becoming certified.... anyway they have a CSA pickup.