Shooting in CRE?

TurboK9

Co worker told me there was a shooting in CRE last night... some kid got shot in the face in a drive by style shooting? Anyone have any info? Hear anything on the scanner last night? Bowie Ct I think?

ewashkow

Co worker told me there was a shooting in CRE last night... some kid got shot in the face in a drive by style shooting? Anyone have any info? Hear anything on the scanner last night? Bowie Ct I think?

There were at least 3 shots fired and then the car hit a tree. Happened at 2:10 AM. One person went fleeing on foot towards the main road and the other broke his arm near the wrist. Not long after the car did a header into the tree, an unknown color SUV(at 2:10 AM, every car looks black when there is no light on it) came up and then drove away. The car that hit the tree had white paint down one side so it could belong to the SUV. The rounds fired were .22's. That's about all that I know.

TurboK9

There were at least 3 shots fired and then the car hit a tree. Happened at 2:10 AM. One person went fleeing on foot towards the main road and the other broke his arm near the wrist. Not long after the car did a header into the tree, an unknown color SUV(at 2:10 AM, every car looks black when there is no light on it) came up and then drove away. The car that hit the tree had white paint down one side so it could belong to the SUV. The rounds fired were .22's. That's about all that I know.

Thankee!!

Guess I better oil up the shotguns.... *sigh*. This was usch a nice quiet place until I moved here... hehe.

cgwife

Thankee!!

Guess I better oil up the shotguns.... *sigh*. This was usch a nice quiet place until I moved here... hehe.

My friend told me this morning that the cops had 5 guys on the ground in front of her house in the middle of the night. They were resisting arrest. Wonder if this was related????

TrueSOMDGirl

resident Spring Bunny
So a car had guys in it that shot someone in the face, then ran into a tree and shortly after a SUV pulled up and left??

I am confused....HELP

TurboK9

So a car had guys in it that shot someone in the face, then ran into a tree and shortly after a SUV pulled up and left??

I am confused....HELP

This confuses you? It's easy. Car drives up. Occupant shoots someone in face. Speeds away and hits tree. One occupant flees on foot, other occupant breaks wrist. SUV pulls up and drives away.

That's what I got out of it. Hehe. Hard to work with limited info but we do our best?

Sounded liek the SUV hit the car.... maybe they were after them. Maybe they were trying to assist the shooters. Who knows. Rumor has it the shooter car belongs to a dude that works at Lusby Food Lion. :shrug: Grain of salt though... lots of the info I'm getting is coming from younglings playing telephone....

TrueSOMDGirl

resident Spring Bunny
This confuses you? It's easy. Car drives up. Occupant shoots someone in face. Speeds away and hits tree. One occupant flees on foot, other occupant breaks wrist. SUV pulls up and drives away.

That's what I got out of it. Hehe. Hard to work with limited info but we do our best?

Sounded liek the SUV hit the car.... maybe they were after them. Maybe they were trying to assist the shooters. Who knows. Rumor has it the shooter car belongs to a dude that works at Lusby Food Lion. :shrug: Grain of salt though... lots of the info I'm getting is coming from younglings playing telephone....

I was confused by the other post beause I was not sure where the SUV fit in or if it was verfired that someone was shot in the face.

TurboK9

I was confused by the other post beause I was not sure where the SUV fit in or if it was verfired that someone was shot in the face.

Well, apparently there is a kid in the medical center with a bullet in his face... Coworker isn't sure it's the same incident. Kid is from leonardtown. Coworkers wife was told about the CRE shooting and then about a friends kid at WMC with a bullet hole in the pie hole, not sure now if they are from the same incident.

Gosh I love our up to the minute news outlets down here, LOL.

ewashkow

I don't know anything about a guy being shot in the face. Didn't notice an ambulance pull up on the street but that doesn't mean that the guy that supposedly got shot in the face wasn't the one that fled the scene.

SUV fits in since someone had to fire the shots that caused the person to drive into a tree. The amount of time it took to notice the SUV gave it time to turn around and drive out so one can assume they were the shooters.

Turbo, I completely agree about the news outlets. I didn't want to be nosy while the cops were out doing their thing but I do want to know what happened in front of my house.

keepsmiling

I was listening to it too, but I did dose off, wake back up. There was a shooting, someone hit a tree. The sheriff's office then got a call from a parent saying their child was in another car on the way to the hospital with injuries from a gunshot. They gave names of who they thought was involved. They called the Crime Lab and around somewhere between 4-5 am cars were towed to the impound lot.

This all started around 2am, but before that something else had happened and they were searching for suspects, again they had names, but somehow the suspects slipped away, so two things were going on over there and you're right this information should be given out so people know instead of all the rumors.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I was listening to it too, but I did dose off, wake back up. There was a shooting, someone hit a tree. The sheriff's office then got a call from a parent saying their child was in another car on the way to the hospital with injuries from a gunshot. They gave names of who they thought was involved. They called the Crime Lab and around somewhere between 4-5 am cars were towed to the impound lot.

This all started around 2am, but before that something else had happened and they were searching for suspects, again they had names, but somehow the suspects slipped away, so two things were going on over there and you're right this information should be given out so people know instead of all the rumors.

Someone should check the lake. :whistle:

keepsmiling

In front of my house with five cops on Warbonnet, they had pulled over what appeared to be a dark green Ford Explorer at approx. midnight until 1:30am

This must have had to do with the first problem that was going on, from what I could hear there was two different situations.

MommaMarini

I don't know anything about a guy being shot in the face. Didn't notice an ambulance pull up on the street but that doesn't mean that the guy that supposedly got shot in the face wasn't the one that fled the scene.

SUV fits in since someone had to fire the shots that caused the person to drive into a tree. The amount of time it took to notice the SUV gave it time to turn around and drive out so one can assume they were the shooters.

Turbo, I completely agree about the news outlets. I didn't want to be nosy while the cops were out doing their thing but I do want to know what happened in front of my house.

According to word of mouth of what the scanner was saying, as my sleep was rudely interupted by the suspects resisting arrest, is that they only had a baseball bat and an iron stake in the vehicle... So far I haven't heard any reports of the weapons used in the shooting.

MommaMarini

This must have had to do with the first problem that was going on, from what I could hear there was two different situations.

From the information I've gathered I would say that there are three different situations: a shooting yesterday, late afternoon; the SUV pulled over around midnight; then another shooting with vehicle description of possibly another SUV around 2am.

TurboK9

From the information I've gathered I would say that there are three different situations: a shooting yesterday, late afternoon; the SUV pulled over around midnight; then another shooting with vehicle description of possibly another SUV around 2am.

Yup. I'm oiling the shotguns on the front patio tonight when I get home. Yup.

Thanks for the info folkses. With two young younglings at home I feel greatly obligated to keep tabs on the goings onses.

Thankee.