Need reliable taxi service to Balt.

Hessian

We have booked a cruise out of Baltimore with carnival...BUT
it sounds like their parking rates are astronomical.(RIP-OFF!)
I would gladly pay a local service that would run us up there from even Dunkirk or Bowie and pick us up a week later.--As long as they make some $$ and we save some money.

If someone has a better option for driving up & parking somewhere near the port in Baltimore: I am ready to listen! (Is there a shuttle that runs from BWI???...parking in the long term lot is MUCH cheaper!)
Thanks

devenny99

There is a shuttle service named MASS, Inc that leaves from down here and goes to BWI. You would have to check and see if they went to the port - I imagine that they do. There phone # is 240-298-7592 (to speak to someone I think) and then to make reservations the # is 301-373-4407. Their email address is GOMASSINC@aol.com. I'm jealous that you are going on a cruise and I'm not. Have fun!

vince77

$15 a day is astronomical?....hmmmm.......you pull your vehicle to the parking lot, attendants take your luggage out of your car, load it on carriers for you and you walk away...it's easy, convenient, and worry free...your car is in a secure lot

versus

loading your luggage in your own car, leaving your vehicle in an unsecure lot, reloading it in another, (or schlepping it on mass transit) paying someone to driving you to the terminal and back.....

IMO, it's a no brainer.......pay the terminal parking

Last edited:

Hessian

I think my wife found that for the week we're gone: 160.00...That's three full dinners at Outback ya know. I will double check cruise critic and see what they say...

Thanks all!

awpitt

Main Streeter
$15 a day is astronomical?....hmmmm.......you pull your vehicle to the parking lot, attendants take your luggage out of your car, load it on carriers for you and you walk away...it's easy, convenient, and worry free...your car is in a secure lot

versus

loading your luggage in your own car, leaving your vehicle in an unsecure lot, reloading it in another, (or schlepping it on mass transit) paying someone to driving you to the terminal and back.....

IMO, it's a no brainer.......pay the terminal parking

:yeahthat: The parking is $105 for a seven day cruise. Parking at BWI for the same period is $56. That's only a $49 savings, some (or all) of which will be eaten up by transportation from BWI to the Port and back. Plus all of the hassle of getting from one to the other, and back after the cruise. Pay the $15 p/day and enjoy your cruise.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There is a shuttle service named MASS, Inc that leaves from down here and goes to BWI. You would have to check and see if they went to the port - I imagine that they do. There phone # is 240-298-7592 (to speak to someone I think) and then to make reservations the # is 301-373-4407. Their email address is GOMASSINC@aol.com. I'm jealous that you are going on a cruise and I'm not. Have fun!

x2. Good folks..I use them often. Quite sure they will make the run to the cruise terminal.

indianajane05

Victrix Patientia Duris
I think my wife found that for the week we're gone: 160.00...That's three full dinners at Outback ya know. I will double check cruise critic and see what they say...

Thanks all!

I think if you're trying to be frugal, you probably shouldn't be taking a cruise...I feel bad for those people you are going to have to tip by the end of the trip..."Well, I'm sorry...we can only pay you in two Outback dinners..." :killingme

Baltimore is not a good place to leave a vehicle in an unattended lot. I lived there for three years, and even in garages vehicles get broken into. Especially when people KNOW you're leaving a vehicle from the taxi service or people simply "hanging around." Bite the bullet and pay the extra for the secure lot. You'll thank yourself later.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Call Leagcy 301-274-0390 and ask about the shuttle service from her to the cruise ship lot, they don't charge alot and will pick you up at your house, drop you off at ship and do the return trip.

vince77

no commercial shuttle service is going to drive you from Southern Maryland to the Baltimore cruise terminal and back for the price of parking there .....$105.....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We have booked a cruise out of Baltimore with carnival...BUT
it sounds like their parking rates are astronomical.(RIP-OFF!)
I would gladly pay a local service that would run us up there from even Dunkirk or Bowie and pick us up a week later.--As long as they make some $$ and we save some money.

If someone has a better option for driving up & parking somewhere near the port in Baltimore: I am ready to listen! (Is there a shuttle that runs from BWI???...parking in the long term lot is MUCH cheaper!)
Thanks

Do a one way rental car from LXP to the Inner HARBOR (OR whatever rental place is closest to the terminal, I would assume ALL the big names are close by, just like an airport).. When we went out of Miami the rental car place had a shuttle service to the cruise terminal.

We drove the rental to the Cruise Terminal, where the menfolk were dropped off with the bags, then the womenfolk returned the rental and came back on the shuttle (or you could hail a cab I'm sure).

I normally pay about $35-50 for a one way trip to BWI, and am sure they would have good deals for Cruisers too.

J

jp2854

I think hes just being cheap. I hope the guys he tips on the cruise dont get cheated because he only wants to pay his 1300.00 bill and not give a tip at all because he thinks its too much. Cruises cost a lot of money to go on especially if you go on excursions (sp) through the ship

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I think hes just being cheap.

And what's wrong with that? I see nothing wrong with doing a little research to find the cheapest vacation and part of that may (or may not) include parking. I think he's doing what any person probably does when planning a vacation - research!!

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
I think hes just being cheap. I hope the guys he tips on the cruise dont get cheated because he only wants to pay his 1300.00 bill and not give a tip at all because he thinks its too much. Cruises cost a lot of money to go on especially if you go on excursions (sp) through the ship

jesus h. christ! Why are you so worried about someone getting a tip? It's not like the economy is bursting. What is wrong with a vacation while restraining for goods and services?

I don't go to baltimore, but it sounds like the best option is to pay for the secure parking. But that is based on the suggestions here. Enjoy your cruise. I have horror stories of ours going out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Hessian

So....(critics...?)

Am I wrong for asking if I can help a local business make some cash in place of a glutted industry?

Am I wrong to ask if there is a way for me to spend $$ on things I would enjoy instead of an exploitive system?

Some people really don't think things through very well do they.

Once I hear some advice, I'll weigh the options and yes,...may realize it is unfortunately the best way to go: park & pay....but I am allowed to ask right?

THANK you to all who had a similar experience or offered a recommendation. I would like to help a local entrepreneur.

regarding tips: They take it out of our bill at the end of the trip..$$/person. I have no say in that. Will I tip more for helpful service...yes.
I'd probably make more in life folding towels cleverly and pointing to the dining room than teaching....ugh.:killingme

P

playerhater

Do a one way rental car from LXP to the Inner HARBOR (OR whatever rental place is closest to the terminal, I would assume ALL the big names are close by, just like an airport).. When we went out of Miami the rental car place had a shuttle service to the cruise terminal.

We drove the rental to the Cruise Terminal, where the menfolk were dropped off with the bags, then the womenfolk returned the rental and came back on the shuttle (or you could hail a cab I'm sure).

I normally pay about $35-50 for a one way trip to BWI, and am sure they would have good deals for Cruisers too.

1 way car rental seems like the cheapest way to go.