Metal Recycling?

renegadeslave

Obsidian Salamander
Anyone know where I can take some left over car pieces (nothing environmentally hazardous, just rotors and a cylinder head) for some cash?

I was planning on going to the scrap metal place on 231 in the industrial park but they say NO CAR PARTS.

Not sure if I can take them to the dump metal bin either. Does anyone know what happens to that stuff? Do they actually melt it down?

The old landfill on St. Andrew Road. $10 gets county residents thru the gate. You can drop off metal, heavy appliances, batteries, propane tanks, tires.....

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Wood and Thomkins. Ironsides Dr in Waldorf next to MVA. They will pay you for your scrap. I took struts and rotors there not long ago.

obxtracey

Waldorf Metal

Waldorf Metal on Rt 488 (La Plata Road):

Waldorf Metal Company
(301) 932-1220
12625 La Plata Rd, Waldorf, MD 20602

Specialities: Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Insulated Copper, Radiators, Auto Batteries & Converters, Lead, Leads, Aluminum Cans, Car Batteries, Insulated Wire, Recyclers, Top $$$ Paid For Scrap

Anabaptist

Waldorf Metals will not take steel, and they do not pay very well. The man near the MVA takes just about anything, and is most willing to dish out the cash.

obxtracey

Waldorf Metals will not take steel, and they do not pay very well. The man near the MVA takes just about anything, and is most willing to dish out the cash.

Good to know. I drive by Waldorf Metals everyday and thought I'd throw it out there.

Anabaptist

Good to know. I drive by Waldorf Metals everyday and thought I'd throw it out there.

Ironically, they advertise "top $$$ paid for scrap." Waldorf Metal will only pay #2 copper price for pipes, whereas, the place by MVA pays #1 copper prices if the pipe does not have soldering. The man by the MVA also buys any junk you might have that has an electric motor.