Cat Rescue - NO Kill

nikki08

Is there any place for a cat? She is aoubt 2 yo.. .We got two kitties at one time. The one just grew to be great, but the other one just doesn't want to be bothered by anyone anymore. We don't want to see her go to the pound - She is a great cat but not a family campanion anymore. We still love her very much, but she is not compatable to our environment anymore - she has been an indoor cat so far...She can be sweet when she wants to be....

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Is there any place for cats? We got two kitties at one time. The one just grew to be great, but the other one just doesn't want to be bothered by anyone anymore. I don't want to see her go to the pound - She is a great cat but not a family campanion anymore. I still love her -, what can I do to say her from being killed - she has been an indoor cat so far...

I don't think this tread will turn out very well.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
Is there any place for cats? We got two kitties at one time. The one just grew to be great, but the other one just doesn't want to be bothered by anyone anymore. I don't want to see her go to the pound - She is a great cat but not a family campanion anymore. I still love her - what can I do to save her from ending up dead - she has been an indoor cat so far...

Unfortunately that's the price you pay when getting kittens...they often don't turn out to be friendly lap cats. No reason to get rid of it though. I have my daughter's cat...was a nice kitten, but not a friendly cat...but we are keeping her...

nikki08

I dont need your smart a$$ remarks, the cat lives with children and her actions are uncertain - She is fine sometimes and then you don't know what she will do.

Last edited:

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
I dont need your smart a$$ remarks, the cat lives with children and her actions are uncertain - She is fine sometimes and then you don't know what she will do.

You seem like you came here looking for an arguement...you must expect to get comments on both sides of the coin per say. No reason to be pissy. I was like you before too, hated the comments on my posts, but learned to acccept everyone has an opinion and will more than likely state their opinion, especially on an open forum...
not trying to agrue with you whatsoever...took me a long time not to get ticked at people on here and not to take it personal.

Last edited:

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
Is there any place for a cat? She is aoubt 2 yo.. .We got two kitties at one time. The one just grew to be great, but the other one just doesn't want to be bothered by anyone anymore. We don't want to see her go to the pound - She is a great cat but not a family campanion anymore. We still love her very much, but she is not compatable to our environment anymore - she has been an indoor cat so far...She can be sweet when she wants to be....

Sad state of reality, cats are over populated in Southern MD. Many are put down in shelters which is why you are most likely looking for no-kill, but no-kill can also be a bad thing. No-kill shelters can cause suffering, over crowding, and more adoptable animals can be left out.

It is just sad when a animal doesn't work out. I had a cat I got as a kitten, she was adorable, sweet and loveable. However, as she grew up she hated our dogs. She would be friends with them one min and running scared the next. It took me almost a year, but I did find a home for her. I found the home right here on somd's classifieds.

I know you are wanting her in a good place so I suggest you post her here and see if she can find a good home, rather then place her in a rescue. However, you can always use google to search for no kill shelters and call and see if they have openings. Most don't sadly, either because they are truly full or because they pull only from kill shelters hoping to save the most desperate.

If you wonder how I know all this....I do rescue for pomeranians in MD and VA. I am the only one of a few that will foster as I can so we are super small, but we still try.

Vince

You took the cat, now accept the responsibility that goes with it. That's the trouble today, if something doesn't work they want to get rid of it. It's done with people as well as animals. Figure out a way to make it work.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Sad state of reality, cats are over populated in Southern MD. Many are put down in shelters which is why you are most likely looking for no-kill, but no-kill can also be a bad thing. No-kill shelters can cause suffering, over crowding, and more adoptable animals can be left out.

It is just sad when a animal doesn't work out. I had a cat I got as a kitten, she was adorable, sweet and loveable. However, as she grew up she hated our dogs. She would be friends with them one min and running scared the next. It took me almost a year, but I did find a home for her. I found the home right here on somd's classifieds.

I know you are wanting her in a good place so I suggest you post her here and see if she can find a good home, rather then place her in a rescue. However, you can always use google to search for no kill shelters and call and see if they have openings. Most don't sadly, either because they are truly full or because they pull only from kill shelters hoping to save the most desperate.
If you wonder how I know all this....I do rescue for pomeranians in MD and VA. I am the only one of a few that will foster as I can so we are super small, but we still try.

And kitten season is right around the corner. :jameo:

TurboK9

??

We don't need your bull####. Wanna be all pissy? Fine. Why would you come on a PUBLIC FORUM and post something like this? You honestly thought people weren't gonna jump your a$$ for dumping your cat because it wasn't the uber special family kitty you expected when it was all growed up?!

The cat lives with children and her actions are uncertain? Meaning what? She might claw the kids if the f%$k with her? Well supervise your children and don't let 'em molest your cat. Keep 'em seperated.

Dumba$$.

How's that for wiseass comments?

Now that I feel better :evil: cat rescues... There are a few in MD, just google "cat rescue MD" and you'll get a bunch. I'd call around and find which ones meet your criteria. Keep in mind, some 'no kill' shelter's are as bad as 'collecters' and just stuff em in crates and collect donations, rare, but it happens.

Good luck, sorry you gotta get rid of your cat but dang don't take it out on the forum, expect people to speak their minds. 1st amendment and whatnot. Sheesh.

dawn

I have four cats, one that is a total lap cat, two that come around only when convenient, and one that will not allow you to pick her up for any given reason without her claws out and slicing taking affect. We have a four year old and to be honest, when the three cats see my son coming, they scoot to an area of the house he is not, the lapcat could care less.

Does your cat go to other areas of the house not be bothered or stand its ground and that is why you are skeptical of it?

tes218

Let me know if you get any rag doll or persian looking ones.

It must be something about the smuchy face thing, I'm like that with dogs too and just realized that! :killingme

Would he do?

BARCS has a Blue point Himalayan that needs your help! This kitty came into the shelter due to the owner having to move into an assisted living facility. This is a very sweet kitty! I attached pictures of this loved kitty to this email.
#
Name: Sam
Sex: Male
Neutered: yes
Healthy: appears to be
Reason for surrender: the owner is moving into an assisted living home.
#
If anyone can take this kitty…please let me know! Thanks.

Attachments

• sam cat.jpg
    sam cat.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 216

frequentflier

happy to be living
Would he do?

BARCS has a Blue point Himalayan that needs your help! This kitty came into the shelter due to the owner having to move into an assisted living facility. This is a very sweet kitty! I attached pictures of this loved kitty to this email.
#
Name: Sam
Sex: Male
Neutered: yes
Healthy: appears to be
Reason for surrender: the owner is moving into an assisted living home.
#
If anyone can take this kitty…please let me know! Thanks.

What does BARCS stand for? You won't have a hard time placing this kitty.