Lost Bird

beakon20

The chances of someone reading this and actually finding or seeing this bird are probably slim, however it's worth a try.

Nanaday Conure escaped from her cage while cleaning on March 22nd around the La Plata Volunteer Firehall. At the time she headed south toward the town and stayed in the trees by the firehall for a few hours that evening. She has got out before in the past but always returned after a few hours, this time she didn't.

If anyone has heard or seen her please let me know. Her call is very distinctive over other birds. She is probably 10" in length with her tail. I've attached a picture for reference.

Thanks

Attachments

• NandayConure-Jack.jpg
    NandayConure-Jack.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 217

mAlice

professional daydreamer
The chances of someone reading this and actually finding or seeing this bird are probably slim, however it's worth a try.

Nanday Conure escaped from her cage while cleaning on March 22nd around the La Plata Volunteer Firehall. At the time she headed south toward the town and stayed in the trees by the firehall for a few hours that evening. She has got out before in the past but always returned after a few hours, this time she didn't.

If anyone has heard or seen her please let me know. Her call is very distinctive over other birds. She is probably 10" in length with her tail. I've attached a picture for reference.

Thanks

:fixed: Will keep an eye out for it. I haz some macadamia nutz bait.

Also, does s/he talk? What does s/he say?

Last edited:

belvak

Happy Camper
Hope you find her!!! We found a Cockatiel once when we were on vacation in the mountains. We had him for years before he went to birdie heaven.

beakon20

Thanks for all the support.
Tried the birdhotline, although posting never showed up so I'm not sure what happened there. She talked, but could never make out what it was.

Leaving the porch light on still at night, she might come back.

D

dems4me

Thanks for all the support.
Tried the birdhotline, although posting never showed up so I'm not sure what happened there. She talked, but could never make out what it was.

Leaving the porch light on still at night, she might come back.

I'll say prayers!:huggy: Keep us posted! Hope she's back tonight!! :huggy:

Amy

I just called Tri County Animal Shelter looking for my bird that escaped yesterday. They told me that 2 conures were turned in yesterday. It might be worth giving them a call if your bird has not come home yet.

inachu

Creator of Dexter Morgan
Chances are 50/50 of it surviving.
Other birds it may try to befriend may eat it.
Or you might get lucky and see similar birds mating with it.

I wonder how often the chance of domesticated birds mating with wild birds happen.
I bet not often.