Home Inspection Recommendations?

T

tito

Hi EveryBuddy!
I put a contract on a home in Town Creek and I'm ready to set up the inspection. Can anyone recommend a really good company?

The house was built in '57 and I want to make sure any potential issues are uncovered before the sale is finalized. I don't anticipate any issues but you never know...

Thanks in advance!

Dukesdad

Good luck. with a house in TC from 57 there will be problem areas just how severe will be the question. The inspection reports are filled with terms that pevent you from going back on the inspector when you do find issues. They say we didn't see any indication type of things. You need Mike Holmes...

Sydney

Good luck. with a house in TC from 57 there will be problem areas just how severe will be the question. The inspection reports are filled with terms that pevent you from going back on the inspector when you do find issues. They say we didn't see any indication type of things.

I agree, if your buying a home that's more than 20 yrs old, be prepared to replace items in the home, regardless of what the home inspector says. I've had 2 home inspections on 2 different homes that I purchased, and both didn't alert me to items that I felt they should have.

MamaMimi

home inspection

we had a home inspection done a week ago and we used American Home Services. This was our first home inspection so I have nothing to compare it too but the guy was very nice, he explained everything in great detail, took pictures, went over everything with us after his inspection, emailed us the report that evening, we called him the following day to follow up on a few questions and he was very helpful once again. So far I'm satisfied. By the way we looked at 3 houses in town creek, 2 were too small for our family of 4 and 1 needed a little too much updating for us and we wanted something more move in ready.

ciwmj

Hi EveryBuddy!
I put a contract on a home in Town Creek and I'm ready to set up the inspection. Can anyone recommend a really good company?

The house was built in '57 and I want to make sure any potential issues are uncovered before the sale is finalized. I don't anticipate any issues but you never know...

Thanks in advance!

I have no recommendations,other than to be very careful with anyone that you pick.I had a very bad and expensive experience when I bought my house.
The inspection showed no problems. Within two months we had to replace the furnace and central a/c as neither one was functional.The fireplace insert was found to be cracked and if it was used it would have caused a house fire.There were a couple of other problems.We couldn't go back to the inspector as as someone else said they use vague prases and will not assume any blame.There was no sellers insurance available on the house.
It cast me around $10K in replacements.
As I said ,be very cautious and ask lots of questions.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I also have an inspection coming up..we went with from pillar to post..and I hope things go well..with an older foreclosure..who knows what we could find..but I know I will be there for the entire inspection pointing out my concerns and making sure everything is thouroughly checked.

Sydney

libertytranny

FYI, if you do find something and still want the house, the banks are paying for repairs, even though they tell you they won't, and the house is as is, they are actually paying for repairs. Just an FYI! Good luck on your inspection.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
libertytranny

FYI, if you do find something and still want the house, the banks are paying for repairs, even though they tell you they won't, and the house is as is, they are actually paying for repairs. Just an FYI! Good luck on your inspection.

yeah, thats what im hoping for..they have already agreed to pay for all Lender required repairs..so I just have to make sure anything big gets found :) Thanks!

jsouthan

We just did an inspection on our new-to-us home (it's 4 years old), and we used Inspection Connection [ Inspection Connection - Callaway, Maryland (MD) | Company Profile ]. They were great....much more thorough than the inspector who evaluated our current home. I'd gladly recommend them to anyone, anytime.

Stay away from AmeriSpec. Seriously.
:yeahthat:

We had them inspect our current home (called in by realtor) and they missed many, many things that I think we should have been told about. So, we are now on the hook to make these repairs ourselves.

T

tito

Thanks everyone for your input. Here's hoping everything turns out ok!

awpitt

Main Streeter
Hi EveryBuddy!

Thanks in advance!

With the house being built in '57, regardless of how the inspection goes, you should probably go ahead and get the Home Warrenty. It should've already been offered through the listing agent. The 4 or 5 hundred dollars that a warrenty costs can pay off if things go south after the move-in. A former co-worker bought an older house a few years ago. He opted for the warrenty. Winter rolled in and the furnace crapped out. He had to pay a $75 deductable but the warrenty paid for installation of a new furnace.