2 orphaned wild bunnies need help

nikisonny

My dog found a nest of wild rabbits and killed 3 of them before we realized what was going on. There are 2 left. There eyes are open but they seem extremely small to be ready to eat grass and fend for themselves. I'm looking for someone to take them in and give them a good home. Does anyone know of a rescue group or something similar in St. Marys? I can't just turn them loose in my backyard because of my dog.

BOP

My dog found a nest of wild rabbits and killed 3 of them before we realized what was going on. There are 2 left. There eyes are open but they seem extremely small to be ready to eat grass and fend for themselves. I'm looking for someone to take them in and give them a good home. Does anyone know of a rescue group or something similar in St. Marys? I can't just turn them loose in my backyard because of my dog.

Just leave them. They'll die soon anyway, no matter what you do. Wild bunnies die at the drop of a hat.

oldman

Lobster Land
Just leave them. They'll die soon anyway, no matter what you do. Wild bunnies die at the drop of a hat.

Not necessarily true. Many years ago we found a nest in our garden area. Their eyes weren't opened yet but we took them in. I bottle fed them and didn't lose a single one. Released them back into the wild a few months later.

rmorse

Are you the one who came into Petco earlier asking what to do?

Did you try out the wildlife rescues?

nikisonny

Are you the one who came into Petco earlier asking what to do?

Did you try out the wildlife rescues?

Actually it was a little girl that I watch during the day. She went to Petco last night and got the goats milk. The kids are just loving them. I haven't made up my mind what I'm going to do with them yet. Guess I'll try feeding them here in a bit. Thank you so much for the information...she gave me the numbers this morning. I will be calling them.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
My brother's dog found a nest 3 yrs ago-all 4 kits were saved and I swear the same ones come back year after year. Hope springs eternal.:yay: