15yr old cat peeing blood and crystals

J

jp2854

well pebbles is on her way to the vet today as she is peeing dark orange ( that is what blood looks like in cats urine so i am told) and crystals. I am hoping its nothing too serious and i can bring her back home with me. If she is going into kidney failure or anything that is too serious I am going to do the right thing for her as its not fair to make an animal suffer.

squidword

well pebbles is on her way to the vet today as she is peeing dark orange ( that is what blood looks like in cats urine so i am told) and crystals. I am hoping its nothing too serious and i can bring her back home with me. If she is going into kidney failure or anything that is too serious I am going to do the right thing for her as its not fair to make an animal suffer.

not sure where you live but get him to the vet asap, it is very dangerous and it is very expensive and it can kill your cat. if you are in calvert i would reccomend dr carl brown he is wonderful and has helped my cat with this twice. good luck

J

jp2854

not sure where you live but get him to the vet asap, it is very dangerous and it is very expensive and it can kill your cat. if you are in calvert i would reccomend dr carl brown he is wonderful and has helped my cat with this twice. good luck

pebbles is going to the vet at 10am today. I am hoping its nothing too serious as she seems to spend most of her life under my bed due to me having another cat and dog. I will do what is right for the cat I don't believe in having an animal suffer for any length of time.

J

jp2854

I hope for the best, sounds like a kidney infection.

i will send you a pm when i get back from the vet and tell you what she says to me. if its something serious pebbles will be put to sleep as its not fair to make an animal suffer if you see what i mean.:cds:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
It is like kidney stones in humans and is very painful for the cat. My male cat had it years ago and spent the weekend in the hospital with a catheter and an IV in his arm because he was dehydrated. No lasting effects but males are particularly susceptible to this so, if he's not already, he should be on a urinary tract diet and make sure he has plenty of water available and that he comes out of hiding to drink it.

J

jp2854

It is like kidney stones in humans and is very painful for the cat. My male cat had it years ago and spent the weekend in the hospital with a catheter and an IV in his arm because he was dehydrated. No lasting effects but males are particularly susceptible to this so, if he's not already, he should be on a urinary tract diet and make sure he has plenty of water available and that he comes out of hiding to drink it.

pebbles is a female calico. this is her 2nd illness in 15yrs of life. she has never been sick. As I said above I will wait and see what the vet says. if she says surgery will be the only thing to fix it. I can tell you this she has lost some weight she feels really light and she didn't pick a fight with me like she always does when i go to put her in the carrier so that tells me she has to be really sick.

J

jp2854

i took pebbles to the vet today shes got a bad uti. the vet gave her a shot that is supposed to last 2 weeks then we have to go back and have her rechecked to see if its gone or not. She also told me to try my hardest to keep the dog out of my bedroom at night so pebbles doesn't get stressed out as she also started pooping under my bed. I have to check later and see if she did her business there or not.

squidword

i took pebbles to the vet today shes got a bad uti. the vet gave her a shot that is supposed to last 2 weeks then we have to go back and have her rechecked to see if its gone or not. She also told me to try my hardest to keep the dog out of my bedroom at night so pebbles doesn't get stressed out as she also started pooping under my bed. I have to check later and see if she did her business there or not.

oh i am so glad you got to bring her home with you, my fingers have been crossed for her all day. i will keep her in my kitty prayers.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
good to know she's going to be okay, just please keep the dog away from here, she's getting up there in age and doesn't need that stress.

J

jp2854

How's Pebbles now?
pebbles is doing pretty good. I haven't seen any accidents under my bed when i looked 3 days ago. I also have been keeping the dog out of my room during the day but not in teh evening as she will bark because she isn't near me but during the day bruno and I spend it in the family room and if i have to leave and can't take her i close the gate and leave her to have the floor and sofa to lay on and shadow to play with. I think pebbles is on the mend which is good. I am hoping when I go back on the 23rd with pebbles to the vet all is cleared up and they don't have to give her another shot of antibiotics but if they do they do.