Dr. Cafferty before the medical board???

sinwagon

Decided its not worth the argument...I believe what I believe and others believe what they believe.

Last edited:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
So I hear that Dr. Cafferty is possibly being called before the medical board...Guess he is finally getting what he deserves for what he has done to all of his patients and A. either he diagnoses those who don't have lyme with lyme or B. He screws the patients up so badly by getting them hooked on drugs and gives them irreversable damage from the cocktails of medication.

I hope he gets exactly what he deserves! GO TO GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY INFECTIONS DISEASE FOR PROPER LYME TREATMENT!

I'm sure I will catch some crap from all the Dr. Cafferty fans and for those of you that he has helped great...but I know too many that he has damaged!

I don't even know that doctor but....:deadhorse

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
You Sinwagon.... are a sick person....

Dr. C doesn't deserve the crap you dish out....

I don't know the doctor. Nor do I know the case. But if the review board is reviewing his operation... are you saying that you know better than a review board that is clad with qualified doctors? Just because a doctor pinches you in your right areas, doesn't mean he is good.

In fact, since I moved to this area... it is perhaps one of the worst areas for doctor and medical treatment. One of the worst! A serious investigation needs to happen in southern maryland concerning medical treatment and doctor office operations. Is it any wonder that most folks down here go far north to get REAL medical treatment? And I hope they start with the greedy money hogs of the Shaw family! They should be banned from the county!

hotcoffee

I don't know the doctor. Nor do I know the case. But if the review board is reviewing his operation... are you saying that you know better than a review board that is clad with qualified doctors? Just because a doctor pinches you in your right areas, doesn't mean he is good.

In fact, since I moved to this area... it is perhaps one of the worst areas for doctor and medical treatment. One of the worst! A serious investigation needs to happen in southern maryland concerning medical treatment and doctor office operations. Is it any wonder that most folks down here go far north to get REAL medical treatment? And I hope they start with the greedy money hogs of the Shaw family! They should be banned from the county!

Dr. C is not like the Shah Associates, or the other groups....

Dr. C is a single doctor in a single doctor practice. He even wears Dr. Glasses and sometimes a sweater [like doc on Gunsmoke]....

Most important Dr. C takes his time with his patients. He has spent as long as forty-five minutes with one patient if that's what it takes.... and his waiting room backs up....

He is one of a few doctors in Southern Maryland who has a number of patients with Lyme Disease. This is a very tricky, time consuming, disease to diagnose.... over the past year I've learned a lot about it.... and sometimes people have false negative reports....

He is also one of the few doctors in Southern Maryland who will take the time in the office to work with the patient with Lyme. A whole lot of his exam room time, staff time, and personal time is required because he cares enough to diagnose the tough diseases.....

His staff has to do a lot more paperwork [insurance forms] to get the patients the tests and prescriptions they need.... while sitting with a full waiting room...

He has to take his personal time to research what works for others who are treating patients....

He's been my doctor for a year... he took the time to find the correct diagnosis and he backs it up by taking the time to follow up with the treatment....

A Lot of us have doctors like Dr. C..... the person who started this thread is just a crap shoveler.... she should be very happy with the doctors you describe...

Last edited:

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
Oh man, that's terrible! I hope nothing serious comes out of this. I too am a patient of his, and I think his services are great. I was having trouble losing the 50pounds I gained with my first child. He prescribed me some medication and I lost 60pounds within 6 months. He really does take the time to sit and hear you out, not rush in and rush out into another room. Someone give updates when more info. comes out, please!

PS.. my cousin finally went to him after her problems weren't being solved by her doctor. Come to find out, she has lymes disease.

JTP

Mee too. Dr. C. is very very good. I have been through several Shah Associates guys and pretty much didn't like any of them. They don't listen and have very poor bedisde manner. If they hit a bump in the road, they give up, say you have to live with it, and the patients suffer. Even if your immune system is in the toilet and you still present verifiable test results on the diagnostic work ups. Dr. C. is Lyme literate as they say. I'm feeling a lot better after 5 years with other doctors.

wineo

loving life
The only thing he is good for his handing out prescription, for whatever you want. I went to work for him and lasted 3 days,, UFB, how is girlfriend/wife runs the show and the amount of scrips he gives out. 1 person walked out with 8 scrips all for narcotics. I hope he goes down, then maybe some of the prescription druggies that went there will get the real help they need. JMHO

hotcoffee

The only thing he is good for his handing out prescription, for whatever you want. I went to work for him and lasted 3 days,, UFB, how is girlfriend/wife runs the show and the amount of scrips he gives out. 1 person walked out with 8 scrips all for narcotics. I hope he goes down, then maybe some of the prescription druggies that went there will get the real help they need. JMHO

So you know for a fact that that person didn't need those prescriptions?

Where did you get your medical degree? Did you read the chart to get the proper diagnosis and decide based on your physical examination along with all the tests that this person was a druggy?

When was the last time you lived with a chronic illness that left you physically exhausted, in pain, and kept you up night even tho you were too exhausted to raise you head? When was the last time your legs cramped up so bad the pain kept you awake for hours and even ice packs wouldn't help?

Do you have any idea how many patients are given repeated CatScans, MRI's and countless other tests only to be told they are normal when in fact their pain was excrutiatingly near crippling? Do you know how many of those patients were told things like "The study shows that you have some neurological damage which explains why you fall or your hand doesn't work. We don't know what caused it but you're ok... go home."

At least Dr. C isn't herding his patients in and out every 10 minutes so his staff can collect $100.00 per hour in co-pays.....

I am so sorry that you were not happy working for Dr. C. We've all had jobs that just didn't work out. I'm sure a lot of us have had bosses or managers that we didn't get along with. You should go work in one of those offices that shuffles people in and out.... but for crying out loud.... don't trash one of the few doctors in Southern Maryland that actually listens to his patients and treats them as medically necessary instead of what the insurance companies suggest.

I wish the malcontented ex-employees would just go to work somewhere else. Please leave Dr. C alone.... he cares about his patients....

InsanelyBusy

Sinwaggy...I mean, dang. DO YOU EVER? STFU and leave people alone?
Or do you gain your ego in enjoying other people's troubles?

I understand where you harbor your anger that seems to never end. I read all of your posts, gripes, etc. more than you will ever know- believe me.

Did you ever realize you DONT know it all?
I realize that you dont, but I DO understand that YOU know YOUR situation, and were content with the other opinions you posted about. Heck I was happy for you. And all I ever did was read your posts..lol.

Whatever happens to the man and his practice will happen regardless of your satisfaction. But dang. I think you would set fire to the wraithing scab of the horse corpse you were kicking around last year. And I think you probably would roast marshmallows over the fire just to taste the flavor of the memory of all the attention you seemed to want for yourself.

I WAS one of his patients. I didn't stop being a patient there because of any wrong doing, either. The man DID NOT mistreat me or my family, neither did his staff-ever. Dr. Cafferty HELPED and LISTENED when I was in the office. Yes, I waited like everyone else. And I DO know that the staff had MANY turn over hires. WHATEVER. Been there. Dont that. Same crap different day, folks.

Isn't there an island for cold hearted people like you who do nothing but grovel in others' mistakes and shortcomings? Misery loves company, right?

hotcoffee

I understand where you harbor your anger that seems to never end. I read all of your posts, gripes, etc. more than you will ever know- believe me.

I realize that you dont, but I DO understand that YOU know YOUR situation, and were content with the other opinions you posted about. Heck I was happy for you. And all I ever did was read your posts..lol.

Whatever happens to the man and his practice will happen regardless of your satisfaction. But dang. I think you would set fire to the wraithing scab of the horse corpse you were kicking around last year. And I think you probably would roast marshmallows over the fire just to taste the flavor of the memory of all the attention you seemed to want for yourself.

I WAS one of his patients. I didn't stop being a patient there because of any wrong doing, either. The man DID NOT mistreat me or my family, neither did his staff-ever. Dr. Cafferty HELPED and LISTENED when I was in the office. Yes, I waited like everyone else. And I DO know that the staff had MANY turn over hires. WHATEVER. Been there. Dont that. Same crap different day, folks.

Isn't there an island for cold hearted people like you who do nothing but grovel in others' mistakes and shortcomings? Misery loves company, right?

:dingding::yeahthat::clap: :dingding::yeahthat::clap:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Talk about painting a verbal picture :faint:

ladyhawk

Okay, I was trying to stay out of this but have decided not to.

Considering I grew up in the Military and married into it, I have had a lot of Doctors. One diagnosed me with a mild form of Spina Bifada and found that there was an issue with my sciatic nerve getting pinched in my vertebrae. I had a lifetime prescription for motrin as a result of this diagnosis.

I was a patient of Dr. Cafferty.
The only reason he is no longer my doctor is because he started his own practice and relocated to Saint Mary's county to start his own practice. I preferred to remain where I was because it was closer. The only other doctor I have had that was as good was Dr. Baird while we were stationed in Cherry point. He has since retired and opened his own practice in another state.

I became a patient of Dr. Cafferty when I moved here. A year or two later, I was experiencing some pretty painful episodes along with a lack of mobility. He diagnosed me with Degenerative Disk Disease after the x-rays and a couple of other tests were performed. I was given two prescriptions, celebrex and Vicodin. The pain I was experiencing was mild most days allowing me to take a few Motrin and an epsom salt bath which was usually enough to get me through the day. But I had those days that I could barely move. Those days I did use the vicodin that was prescribed which allowed me to get through my day. During that time, I learned not to over exert myself.

My point here is that it is up to the patient to ensure they are using their medications properly. It is not up to the doctor to babysit their behavior. If that were the case, we would have doctors living in our homes. I know one of his patients who he refused a refill for vicodin. When she learned that I had a script, came to me for her fix. I told her I had to get a refill which let me off the hook and found out later by one of her family members that she was adicted and being watched... Good thing I know better than to be that kind of friend...

I don't know what sinwagons issue is and after having read some of her previous posts, could care less. But for all the doctors I've seen in my lifetime, I found he does listen and he does care about his patients well being. I am fortunate to have had him as my doctor and wish he would come back to Calvert county...

June

wineo

loving life
So you know for a fact that that person didn't need those prescriptions?

Where did you get your medical degree? Did you read the chart to get the proper diagnosis and decide based on your physical examination along with all the tests that this person was a druggy?

When was the last time you lived with a chronic illness that left you physically exhausted, in pain, and kept you up night even tho you were too exhausted to raise you head? When was the last time your legs cramped up so bad the pain kept you awake for hours and even ice packs wouldn't help?

Do you have any idea how many patients are given repeated CatScans, MRI's and countless other tests only to be told they are normal when in fact their pain was excrutiatingly near crippling? Do you know how many of those patients were told things like "The study shows that you have some neurological damage which explains why you fall or your hand doesn't work. We don't know what caused it but you're ok... go home."

At least Dr. C isn't herding his patients in and out every 10 minutes so his staff can collect $100.00 per hour in co-pays.....

I am so sorry that you were not happy working for Dr. C. We've all had jobs that just didn't work out. I'm sure a lot of us have had bosses or managers that we didn't get along with. You should go work in one of those offices that shuffles people in and out.... but for crying out loud.... don't trash one of the few doctors in Southern Maryland that actually listens to his patients and treats them as medically necessary instead of what the insurance companies suggest.

I wish the malcontented ex-employees would just go to work somewhere else. Please leave Dr. C alone.... he cares about his patients....

:jerry:
Hold on here Hot Mouth, no I am not a Dr, but what person needs to have:
Vicodin, Xanxa, Oxycotin, anti depressents of some form all at the same time? Wonder why they are dizzy and wacked out when they would call looking for more pills. Let's not forget Methodone for pain management with the rest of these, Oh, and the valium too. What person needs this amount of meds for anything?? Most paitents did come in for thier monthly follow ups, just to get the refill. Can not get a refill unless you come in pay your co pay and be seen, and most co-pays are not 100 for most people. ( Not sure what kind of coverage you have, but I would look into changing my plan).

Maybe you are not one of the ones that would call with BS excuses about not making appt., but still needed refills and would try every reason they could think of to try and get the refill without being seen, either didn't have the money or for other reasons. Most Dr.'s would tell you to just come pick it up and then next visit see you. If you have that much pain, they would understand, since they have been seeing you and treating you for this pain.

No, I am not an ex employee that is mad about not working there. I left on my own, like most of the staff there. They can't keep staff, because Stephanie can't run an office. Poor management and low pay with long hours, mostly spent dealing with her BS. She interupts staff that are working with paitents to ask stupid questions that could wait. Has her sister is running the back office, who brings sick kids to work, and staff is suppose to keep an eye on them....think not, very unprofessional. Just one big happy family there, her mom and aunt clean the office.

So, maybe you are just one of his junkie patients and don't want to lose your hook up, :cds: And, if he cared so much about his paitents, why does he smoke in his office and let Stephanie treat the employees like her little servants?
This is a public forum and I can express what I think, just as you can.

Glad he works for you and your health, maybe a few weeks off of the pills might make you feel better, :1bdz:

Let the bashing begin, like I said before:1bdz:
:popcorn:

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Vicodin, Xanxa, Oxycotin, anti depressents of some form all at the same time? Wonder why they are dizzy and wacked out when they would call looking for more pills. Let's not forget Methodone for pain management with the rest of these, Oh, and the valium too. What person needs this amount of meds for anything?? Most paitents did come in for thier monthly follow ups, just to get the refill. Can not get a refill unless you come in pay your co pay and be seen, and most co-pays are not 100 for most people. ( Not sure what kind of coverage you have, but I would look into changing my plan).

Maybe you are not one of the ones that would call with BS excuses about not making appt., but still needed refills and would try every reason they could think of to try and get the refill without being seen, either didn't have the money or for other reasons. Most Dr.'s would tell you to just come pick it up and then next visit see you. If you have that much pain, they would understand, since they have been seeing you and treating you for this pain.

No, I am not an ex employee that is mad about not working there. I left on my own, like most of the staff there. They can't keep staff, because Stephanie can't run an office. Poor management and low pay with long hours, mostly spent dealing with her BS. She interupts staff that are working with paitents to ask stupid questions that could wait. Has her sister is running the back office, who brings sick kids to work, and staff is suppose to keep an eye on them....think not, very unprofessional. Just one big happy family there, her mom and aunt clean the office.

So, maybe you are just one of his junkie patients and don't want to lose your hook up, :cds: And, if he cared so much about his paitents, why does he smoke in his office and let Stephanie treat the employees like her little servants?
This is a public forum and I can express what I think, just as you can.

Glad he works for you and your health, maybe a few weeks off of the pills might make you feel better, :1bdz:

Let the bashing begin, like I said before:1bdz:
:popcorn:

Once you have a medical degree your opinion will matter, until then you're just mouthy.

Tony_M

As I understand he is a Doctor of Osteopathy.

Not knowing what a Dr. of Osteopathy was I looked it up this morning. What I found was a D.O. is taught much of the same curriculum as a MD, with the addition of special Osteopathic techniques (sort of like chiropractic)

Osteopathic principles from Wikipedia

In addition to the Hippocratic oath, Osteopathic medical students take an oath to maintain and uphold the "core principles" of osteopathic medical philosophy. Revised in 1953, and again in 2002, the core principles are:

1. The body is a unit, and the person represents a combination of body, mind and spirit.
2. The body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing, and health maintenance.
3. Structure and function are reciprocally interrelated.
4. Rational treatment is based on an understanding of these principles: body unity, self-regulation, and the interrelationship of structure and function.

HOW is overprescribing narcotics in line with the tenets of his degree? (yes, anyone with MULTPLE prescriptions of narcotics is over-perscribed)

HOW is someone who specializes in family practice become an expert in the diagnosis of Lymes?

As Wineo described, either his patents are drugged out, or I think instead of taking all of the narcotics, they also may be selling them on the side.

wineo

loving life

Not knowing what a Dr. of Osteopathy was I looked it up this morning. What I found was a D.O. is taught much of the same curriculum as a MD, with the addition of special Osteopathic techniques (sort of like chiropractic)

In addition to the Hippocratic oath, Osteopathic medical students take an oath to maintain and uphold the "core principles" of osteopathic medical philosophy. Revised in 1953, and again in 2002, the core principles are:

1. The body is a unit, and the person represents a combination of body, mind and spirit.
2. The body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing, and health maintenance.
4. Rational treatment is based on an understanding of these principles: body unity, self-regulation, and the interrelationship of structure and function.

HOW is overprescribing narcotics in line with the tenets of his degree? (yes, anyone with MULTPLE prescriptions of narcotics is over-perscribed)

HOW is someone who specializes in family practice become an expert in the diagnosis of Lymes?

As Wineo described, either his patents are drugged out, or I think instead of taking all of the narcotics, they also may be selling them on the side.

Good Point..............

Thank you for posting that, I had forgotten about him being a DO. There are DO's at St. Mary's Hospital, but the hospital will not allow them to practice the "chiropractic ways", Dr. Turner is one. Most DO's do recommend therapy and exercise, in place of "Pill Treatment".
:coffee:

Oh, I better stop being so Mouthy:whistle:, not my problem. Hope all that go to him get the "Help" they need, when their liver starts shutting down and the kidneys just can't take anymore of drugs............:cds:

:killingme

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Do you have an MD? or as I suspect just another overblown opinion of your own intelligence.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Vicodin, Xanxa, Oxycotin, anti depressents of some form all at the same time?

Someone who has depression, panic disorder, mania, OCD, and an illness or injury that requires those strong pain drugs.

Yes, some people do abuse those drugs, but that is no reason to label everyone that does use them as an abuser. They are legitimate drugs, and what you describe can be reasonable.

The patient shares responsibility for their treatment. Some people choose to hide their symptoms with drugs rather than take the actions to treat them.

With issues like pain, depression, and other mental issues the doctors can only go by what the patient tells them they feel. There are people who have gotten very good at describing symptoms to get prescribed. Doctors cannot look into the mind of the patient to determine truthfullness.

Which would you rather have walking the streets: a depressed maniac in pain or that same person who has their moods controlled and pain lessened?

MMDad

Lem Putt
HOW is overprescribing narcotics in line with the tenets of his degree?
Overprescribing? Do you have evidence of this?

(yes, anyone with MULTPLE prescriptions of narcotics is over-perscribed)
Based on what? Your opinion? The example Wino gave showed Vicodin and Oxycontin - two narcotics, but different drugs that act in different ways. They act on different receptors. Using one does not make the other inappropriate.

Did you stop learning once you left college (or high school)? Why should a doctor stop? Why can't they continue to learn about a topic that interests them and that they see frequently in their patients?

If a family practitioner happened to work in New York or San Francisco, wouldn't it be appropriate for them to learn and specialize in the diagnosis treatment of HIV?

Why not Lyme in an endemic area?

By the way, I am not one of Cafferty's Lyme patients and I don't know anyone who is.

Last edited: