What kind of bug is this?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
It's about 2 inches long and it looks scary.

Attachments

• IMG_1025.JPG
    IMG_1025.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1027.JPG
    IMG_1027.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 311

blacklabman

It's an insect, not a bug. Bugs are a clearly defined class in the insect world. The specimen shown is tus not a bug.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Kill it quick, if the feds find out about it you won't be able to protect your house from falling into the sea.:cds:

rickl5296

You are absolutely right, thank you. I just looked up mole cricket. I figured posting the pic here would be quicker than me trying to look it up.

Mole crickets historically have been a more southern pest, but they are moving north. Every year is see a few more. If you vacation in the Outer Banks and take in mini-golf on a warm evening, the adults will swarming the lights. There are millions of them down there.

Next thing to migrate up- FIRE ANTS!!!:cds:

rickl5296

It's an insect, not a bug. Bugs are a clearly defined class in the insect world. The specimen shown is tus not a bug.

The mole crickets compose family Gryllotalpidae, of thick-bodied insects about 3-5 cm (1-2 inches) long, with large beady eyes and shovel-like forelimbs highly developed for burrowing and swimming.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Kill it quick, if the feds find out about it you won't be able to protect your house from falling into the sea.:cds:

It's dead, still out there, but on it's back and I had nothing to do with that, not sure what happened.

Funny thing is when I looked it up online, a person was asking about the same bug and he's in Iraq. I asked my husband if there was any way this thing could have hitched a ride back with him when he came home. Now I see they are pretty common here.