Tammy Faye...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
is BACK! :yikes:

Tammy Faye Messner Pens Self-Help Book

DURHAM, N.C. - Tammy Faye Messner is keeping busy. She's promoting a new self-help book, will appear on the WB reality show "The Surreal Life" - premiering Jan. 11 - and will host a drag bingo benefit Friday night to raise money for the Alliance of AIDS Services-Carolina. :killingme

"I've been around a lot of drag queens," said Messner, the former wife of televangelist Jim Bakker. "I see myself a lot. And they do a better job of me than I do."

Messner has three words in response to those who think ill of her - "not true" and "onward."

She knows many people believe she played a critical role in the financial scandal that sent her ex-husband to prison in 1989. She knows her public persona - which includes heavy makeup and sometimes loopy behavior - has made her a walking punch line at times.

Messner doesn't care. She's remarried, moved to the Charlotte area and begun work on a Christian variety show that she hopes to syndicate.

Messner says she tries not to judge others, believing she herself was condemned harshly and wrongly during Bakker's teleministry corruption scandal.

She says the truth wasn't told in court and that people took advantage of Bakker during that time. She declined to elaborate "because that's yesterday and today is today."

:duh: Yep, Bakker was "taken advantage of" like the THOUSANDS of people he bilked out of their $$$. And SHE had NOTHING to do with it. :loser:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by jazz lady

"I've been around a lot of drag queens," said Messner
Most of them apply make-up better than she does.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by jazz lady
Alliance of AIDS Services-Carolina.

Weren't the Bakkers among those people who claimed that AIDS was a punishment from God?

K

Kizzy

Re: Re: Tammy Faye...

Originally posted by Sharon
Most of them apply make-up better than she does.

Like that Arquette kid. He looks like a woman when he goes out in drag.