Excuse me, but did you lose your emu?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Emu Captured in Carroll County

Eldersburg - They've figured out what it is, but they still don't know how it got to Eldersburg.

The five-foot-tall bird with black, white and tan feathers showed up again Monday after putting in several appearances in recent weeks. This time, though, the bird was gently cornered and captured.

The bird is an emu, typically found in Australia.

The operator of a nearby wildlife sanctuary has arranged for someone to care for it until the owner can be found.

Officials from the Humane Society of Carroll County say they had reports of the large bird in the area for about two weeks.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
There are a number of emu farms in Frederick and Carroll County. They have them at the Frederick fair all the time.

SeaRide

Originally posted by IM4Change
I would freak out if I saw a five foot bird in my yard.

:yeahthat:

Not sure if my tabby cat would freak out or go crazy over a 5 foot bird in the yard. :wondering:

:biggrin:

donbarzini

Originally posted by tlatchaw
Either that bird has a local owner or it took one heck of a walk!

There used to be one at the farm on 301 at the PG/Chas line. It got out a couple of times. Imagine the traffic:cussing:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by donbarzini
There used to be one at the farm on 301 at the PG/Chas line. It got out a couple of times. Imagine the traffic:cussing:

They also had a buffalo and a lion that got loose. I think they got rid of the lion after that.