Is this a groundhog?

spinner

Hi!

Does anyone know what animal this is? Is it a groundhog?

We were out kayaking on Thursday and this guy was up pretty high in a tree that had fallen. You can see that he was up high.. do groundhogs go up that high?

He was pretty cool - did not get scared or anything when I paddled near him. He would stop eating and look at me and that was it!

Thanks
Jill

Attachments

• Groundhog.jpg
    Groundhog.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 329
  • Groundhog 2.jpg
    Groundhog 2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 352

smilin

BOXER NATION
That's a groundhog. We have one who adopted us, lives under the deck. UGLY. He makes a possum (no hairy tail) look beautiful.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's a rabid flesh eating flying badger :jameo:
Get out of there quickly and put your property up for sale !

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
Ditto on the Groundhog ID...can climb trees and are the largest member of the squirrel family; pretty good swimmers too.
Thank you for not shooting it out of the tree.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"Bogey, bogey! 12 O'clock high! Too close for missiles, going guns, going guns, guns hot...take the shot Ice, take the damn SHOT!!! Get out of there Ice, Maverick is in!!!"

:evil:

Most of the goundhog I've seen were in open fields. That's usually where the hole in the ground was for their home.....hence the name "ground" hog. And I don't miss.

That's what I meant. You weren't looking in trees. It's where the smart ones hide from hunters.

Vince

That's what I meant. You weren't looking in trees. It's where the smart ones hide from hunters.
Never had to look in the trees for them. They would stand up out in the middle of a corn field. Remington 22-250 and he wasn't standing anymore. The old folks in the area I lived knew how to cook up a ground hog. Not bad eating.