Catholic church/Pope/Vatican/Pedophile thread

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Looks like we have a Mexican switch hitter. No, not a new power-hitting first baseman for the Nationals. A Mexican priest that not only found time to molest underage seminarians but also impregnated 2 different women who later fathered his children. It doesn't say if the women were underaged.

The abuse allegations surfaced in 1997. The Vatican started an investigation into Maciel's actions in 2004 and concluded in May 2006 that he was guilty of sexual abuse, the order said.

Law enforcement officials apparently were not informed.
7 years till an investigation starts after the initial report of abuse, WTF!!!

LE never informed, didn't see that coming did ya? At least this POS is dead.

Pope's envoy to run discredited Catholic order - CNN.com

Monello

PREMO Member
Looks like a Pole priest was polishing his pole south of the border. Let's hope this scumbag ends up in prison where he belongs.

Priest accused of having 'erotic dungeon' surrenders

Judge Alexandre Abrahao Dias Teixeira said police investigations revealed the profile of a man with a "compulsive attraction to having sex with adolescents" and that he had allegedly turned his parish residence into an "erotic dungeon" where he forced boys to have sex with him.

Priest accused of having 'erotic dungeon' surrenders – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Monello

PREMO Member
Philadelphia cardinal orders investigation of 37 priests

Philadelphia cardinal orders investigation of 37 priests – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Edward Avery, 68, and Charles Engelhardt, 64, were charged with allegedly assaulting a 10-year-old boy at St. Jerome Parish from 1998 to 1999.

Bernard Shero, 48, a teacher in the school, is charged with allegedly assaulting the same boy there in 2000, Williams said at a Thursday press conference.

James Brennan, another priest, is accused of assaulting a different boy, a 14-year-old, in 1996.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
The OP has a right to be outraged. Anyone abusing a position of power to sexually abuse a child or adult for that manner requires justice, whether temporally or eternally, including those who would cover it up. I hear about such things and immediately think, "May they burn in hell."

With that being said, however, it would appear that when a Catholic priest is found to have done it there is more outrage than when other members of the population do so. If I had time I suppose I could go on and dig up police sexual abuse, coaches, lawyers, family members, etc and so forth, but here's a clue as to what I speak of.

Protestant ministers who abuse: Child Sexual Molestation by Various Protestant Clergy
Report: Protestant Church Insurers Handle 260 Sex Abuse Cases a Year
Sexual Abuse of Children by Protestant Ministers

Teachers who abuse:
AP: Sexual Misconduct Plagues US Schools - washingtonpost.com
Sexual harassment in education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In their 2002 survey on 2064 students in 8th through 11th grade, the American Association of University Women (AAUW) reported:[5]
83% of girls have been sexually harassed
78% of boys have been sexually harassed
Sex Abuse by Teachers Said Worse Than Catholic Church
According to a draft report commissioned by the U.S. Department of Education, in compliance with the 2002 "No Child Left Behind" act signed into law by President Bush, between 6 percent and 10 percent of public school children across the country have been sexually abused or harassed by school employees and teachers.

When all is said and done priestly abuse just gets more attention. We, and the OP, should be equally outraged across the board.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
The OP has a right to be outraged. Anyone abusing a position of power to sexually abuse a child or adult for that manner requires justice, whether temporally or eternally, including those who would cover it up. I hear about such things and immediately think, "May they burn in hell."

If OP has a right to be outraged, at least let him/her be accurate. Extremely few Catholic priests charged with sexual abuse are pedophiles. Nearly all are homosexuals, some are heterosexuals.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
If OP has a right to be outraged, at least let him/her be accurate. Extremely few Catholic priests charged with sexual abuse are pedophiles. Nearly all are homosexuals, some are heterosexuals.

Do wut? Are you referring to priests?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Are you saying there are more Catholic priests having sex with men than are having sex with children, or is your point that they are having more sex with male children than female children?

Vince

When all is said and done priestly abuse just gets more attention. We, and the OP, should be equally outraged across the board.
Be as outragged as you like. :shrug: It won't help the situation whether it's a Cathoic Priest, teacher, Minister or some idiot off the street. You can't do much about it unless they're caught. Then the legal system has to do it's job.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Do wut? Are you referring to priests?

Merlin99 said:
Are you saying there are more Catholic priests having sex with men than are having sex with children, or is your point that they are having more sex with male children than female children?

Are we now limiting this discussion to Catholic priests? Then the answer is that Catholic priests being accused of having sex with vulnerable people preponderantly are homosexual. Prepubescent females are, for the most part, safer than peri-pubescent or adolescent boys.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Are we now limiting this discussion to Catholic priests? Then the answer is that Catholic priests being accused of having sex with vulnerable people preponderantly are homosexual. Prepubescent females are, for the most part, safer than peri-pubescent or adolescent boys.
I figured that since it was the title of the thread we were.

Monello

PREMO Member
Time to stir the pot again.

You think they would have learned by now NOT to even go anywhere near a minor without a 3rd party present.

Pennsylvania priest caught with pantless 15-year-old on college campus

A Catholic priest in Pennsylvania has been charged with molesting a teenage boy after police said he was found in a car on a college campus with a 15-year-old who was wearing no pants.

he later admitted to police that he had arranged the meeting with the teen through the "casual encounters" section of Craigslist. Paulish told investigators that he had asked the boy three times if he was over the age of 18.

Police: Pennsylvania priest caught with 15-year-old on college campus - CNN.com

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

" The Rev. Paulish was ordained in the Diocese of Scranton in 1988. His first assignment was as an assistant pastor at Our Lady of the Snows in Clarks Summit from Sept. 9, 1988, to June 19, 1991. Previously, he worked at Lourdesmont and at a guidance clinic in Massachusetts. Phone messages to Lourdesmont were not returned.

As a priest, he had five reassignments in his first 5½ years, ending up as chaplain at Little Flower Manor in Wilkes-Barre from Jan. 24, 1994, until July 4, 2000, the most stable period of his career, according to information provided by the diocese.

Over the next 13 years the Rev. Paulish was moved another nine times.

He spent two years and one month on three separate leaves of absence. Two were accounted for by the diocese as health-related. The reason for the other was not specified.

The diocese did not respond to an emailed request to explain why the Rev. Paulish was moved so frequently, and the reason for the unexplained leave. Efforts to reach diocesan community affairs manager Daniel Gallagher by telephone were unsuccessful. "

Hank

my war

Hey Lurk! :howdy:

Hank

my war
You screwed the pooch the last time you tried this when you were posting as Clem.

Yeah ok, Leonard, Lenny....,whatever you want to be called. And yes, I am Clem. So what!?! Stay away from my daughter, you perv.