Baby bird on patio

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
A baby bird fell out of it's nest and it is on our patio. Does anyone know who I can call ? I don't want to leave it to die. Is there a local agency that could come and get it.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
A baby bird fell out of it's nest and it is on our patio. Does anyone know who I can call ? I don't want to leave it to die. Is there a local agency that could come and get it.

Pick it up and put it back in its nest.
Thank you... :howdy:

mAlice

professional daydreamer

Can't reach the nest?

Katelin

Oh, there are no "local agencies", only a handful of master wildlife rehabilitators ( all volunteers) licensed by the state to rescue and rehab the states wildlife.
PM me is you need to locate one in your area. Thanks :howdy:

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
Can't reach the nest?

I have no clue where the nest is. Mama bird is out there with it she is back and forth. I can't see where the nest is or where it fell out. It doesn't have alot of feathers. So I don't know if I should bring it in.. I have no clue what to feed it.

Katelin

I have no clue where the nest is. Mama bird is out there with it she is back and forth. I can't see where the nest is or where it fell out. It doesn't have alot of feathers. So I don't know if I should bring it in.. I have no clue what to feed it.

Call me and I will talk you thru how to re-nest it....
410-535-2998

itsbob

I bowl overhand

it's nature as it's intended. Don't interfere, if anything kick it into the grass. Snakes need to eat too!

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
PUT GLOVES ON...if momma bird smells a humans scent, momma will abandon it, i made that mistake last year :(

There was probably something wrong with the baby bird, and it may have been pushed out of the nest intentionally.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Oh, there are no "local agencies", only a handful of master wildlife rehabilitators ( all volunteers) licensed by the state to rescue and rehab the states wildlife.
PM me is you need to locate one in your area. Thanks :howdy:

I would have suggested calling Animal Control, but.....

Katelin

PUT GLOVES ON...if momma bird smells a humans scent, momma will abandon it, i made that mistake last year :(

Hahaha....that thing sticking out from their face is a BEAK....not a nose.
Animal Moms with babies, (most people too) will go to any legnth to save, protect, retrieve their babies.
This bird was either a brancher or a fledging and did not need renesting or "saving". Nature will do as nature does.

Katelin

Now, now.....don't go writin' down that phone number so you can call her in the middle of the night.....

The joys of caller ID and voice mail. :evil:...

He would not be the first to call in the wee morning....but I doubt I could help him in any manner.:killingme

SoMdDude

Hahaha....that thing sticking out from their face is a BEAK....not a nose.
Animal Moms with babies, (most people too) will go to any legnth to save, protect, retrieve their babies.
This bird was either a brancher or a fledging and did not need renesting or "saving". Nature will do as nature does.

Umm i never said it was a nose , show me where I said "nose" LOL

And my dogs would of ate it, couldnt let them do that haha