"One for the money" Ranger and Joe have been cast!

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Thanks! Now this is a lot more like it! I can totally see these two guys in those roles.

But, Katherine Heigel???????!!!!!!

Give me a break!!! Couldn't have gotten further away from Stephanie Plum if they tried! Just not seeing it!

Cowgirl

Yeah, I've always pictured Stephanie to be more like Sandra Bullock or someone.

But Joe Morelli's guy looks ok. And Ranger...Daniel Sunjata. :hot: :hot: :hot: Good choice!!!!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Thanks! Now this is a lot more like it! I can totally see these two guys in those roles.

But, Katherine Heigel???????!!!!!!

Give me a break!!! Couldn't have gotten further away from Stephanie Plum if they tried! Just not seeing it!

:yeahthat: and I agree with CG too, Sandra Bullock would have been perfect.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Obviously low budget - almost a made-for-TV. Ranger looks okay, but Joe and Stephanie? NO NO NO!

Sandra Bullock is the runaway choice for Stephanie Plum.

Cowgirl

I almost wonder if Sandra turned it down. Maybe it wasn't big enough?

And I hope they get Queen Latifah as Lula. And the old rapping granny from The Wedding Singer as Grandma Mazur! :clap:

DQ2B

Oh this is so cool. THose books are the best, been waiting for the movies forever it seems. But yea, can't really picture Heigel as Stephanie.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I love Sandra, but she's probably considered "too old". I think Anne Hathaway would've been good - she's cute and plays silly/goofy well. I don't like Katherine Heigl. She's not a very good actress and like everyone else said, she isn't Stephanie. I like the choices for Morelli and Ranger. If nothing else, maybe it'll get Daniel Sunjata some lead roles.:hot:

I just started reading the series (finished Four to Score a couple days ago) and I really like it! I tried to read them a few years ago and couldn't get into it.

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE

But Joe Morelli's guy looks ok. And Ranger...Daniel Sunjata. :hot: :hot: :hot: Good choice!!!!

My vote would be George Clooney for Joe. Good choice for Ranger. Stephanie I am still undecided.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Too old and sophisticated.

I picture Ranger as The Rock. Morelli as a young Ed Marinaro (Coffey from Hill Street Blues).

How did I miss this thread? The Rock would be great! Sunjata is a younger, more effeminate looking Rock.

Ann Hathaway looks too young and Bullock isn't right and too old for the part. Heigl is just all wrong...:cds: I don't know who would be perfect for Stephanie.

Betty White as Grandma and I can't decide who would be the perfect Stephanie :confused:

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
How did I miss this thread? The Rock would be great! Sunjata is a younger, more effeminate looking Rock.

Ann Hathaway looks too young and Bullock isn't right and too old for the part. Heigl is just all wrong...:cds: I don't know who would be perfect for Stephanie.

Betty White as Grandma and I can't decide who would be the perfect Stephanie :confused:

Estelle Getty would have been perfect for Grandma.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I just finished reading "Plum Spooky" a couple of weeks ago and have probably read at least half of the books in the series. My favorite escapist author. :yay:

I can definitely see The Rock as Ranger. I'll have to research the other guy. Hugh Jackman could definitely pull off Morelli.

I picture Cousin Vinnie as Joe Pesci - that whole NJ bad boy thing. Estelle Getty would have been perfect as Grandma but unfortunately she's gone now. :ohwell: Maybe Cloris Leachman? :shrug:

Plum? I can *almost* see Sandra Bullock in that role but she's too goody-goody in my mind. Marisa Tomei is closer in my opinion. Queen Latifah as Lula is a good choice. Tank I picture as Michael Clarke Duncan.

It will be interesting to see who ultimately winds up in those roles. :cheers:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Effeminate is a good word for him, which is why I can't see him as Ranger.

Here's the vote:
Cast the Stephanie Plum movie. -- A Grupthink Topic

You are da bomb! :high5: I'm forwarding this link to Mom & sis as we have had an on-going discussion about this topic since we started reading these books!

Can't see Sandra Bullock as Stephanie physically. It's really hard to imagine Sandra loosening the button on her jeans because she's had one too many Boston Creme donuts...maybe if she packed on 20 pounds or so for the role...

Although I deeply love "The Rock" and watch him in every movie he's in, I just can't see him as Ranger -- I know it's heresy to say this but he's got too many muscles/too much bulk. Ranger has muscles but he's lean. I've always pictured him as too-die-for good-looking,but not so muscular that you'd be afraid he'd squish you, ya know?

Queen Latifah is perfect for Lula!!!!