help please wildlife rescue person

J

jp2854

who is the wild life rescue person in here? I need a nest of bunnies removed before my dog discovers them on saturday when I go to my moms house. I don't know how many babies there are or any of that all i know is i keep seeing older rabbits come out from under the steps.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
who is the wild life rescue person in here? I need a nest of bunnies removed before my dog discovers them on saturday when I go to my moms house. I don't know how many babies there are or any of that all i know is i keep seeing older rabbits come out from under the steps.

OMG! Ok.... Really why would u want to mess with mother nature? If there r adult bunnies
And baby bunnies..... LEAVE them BE! Keep ur dog away from them.. Practice some of that obedience work you have learned! :yahoo:
Why would u want to take the babies away from the mom? That would be like animal control taking ur dog from u because u can't control her. :shrug:

J

jp2854

OMG! Ok.... Really why would u want to mess with mother nature? If there r adult bunnies
And baby bunnies..... LEAVE them BE! Keep ur dog away from them.. Practice some of that obedience work you have learned! :yahoo:
Why would u want to take the babies away from the mom? That would be like animal control taking ur dog from u because u can't control her. :shrug:

thanks for your advice but its not going to work the rabbits have to go. or they will be dead by a dog who kills them. I have tried to keep her away from previous nests and it is not as easy as it sounds. Bruno came from a hunting family when i got her and shes got the instincts in her to hunt rabbits squirrels and other living creatures of nature. I didn't ask for you all to tell me what to do or not do. I asked for a wildlife persons name and number that is it and I got some help from a very nice forumite. I don't plan to say anymore in this thread.

PrepH4U

Qick thought here - does your Mom know you are arranging to have a stranger go to her house and take her rabbits? :shrug:

Last edited:

Roxie04

You hit the nail on the head!!!!

dawn

thanks for your advice but its not going to work the rabbits have to go. or they will be dead by a dog who kills them. I have tried to keep her away from previous nests and it is not as easy as it sounds. Bruno came from a hunting family when i got her and shes got the instincts in her to hunt rabbits squirrels and other living creatures of nature. I didn't ask for you all to tell me what to do or not do. I asked for a wildlife persons name and number that is it and I got some help from a very nice forumite. I don't plan to say anymore in this thread.

UFB! Seriously, cant you put your dog on a leash when you take him outside?

J

jp2854

yes my mother knows i told her about it today she even wants the nest gone.

Roxie04

I have a dog that is a hunter too. Just the other day i took her out and she went after a bunny. And you know what.........when I said "leave it" she did!!!!! Have you ever heard of anything so cazy in your life?????????? It's called training your dog.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I have a dog that is a hunter too. Just the other day i took her out and she went after a bunny. And you know what.........when I said "leave it" she did!!!!! Have you ever heard of anything so cazy in your life?????????? It's called training your dog.

I understand! All 5 of my dogs are high prey drive. (Do we all know what that is? .... I'm sure most of us do!). But I have recall on the dogs I can let off lead! (Its called training..... Over and over!). And the ones on lead... Yep.. Imagine that.. A firm leave it works! MY dogs know who is alpha in my house! And when they forget it... I have no problem bustin out some REAL training before the problem gets out of control

Roxie04

You can't just take a dog to a odedience class once and expect it to last a lifetime. And you can't blame the trainer that your dog does not listen. Training a dog NEVER ends. If you can't control your dog and do not feel like taking care of it on a day to day basis you should not own one. I also like the people whos dogs growl at people when taken out in public but yet they keep taking them out. It's like they think it's cool and almost brag about it. It's NEVER EVER the owners fault why their dog acts the way it does, ALWAYS someone elses fault. Hello............the dog is smarter than you!!! It has figured out how to control you. Some people are not capable mentally of taking care of animals properly

Roxie04

I understand! All 5 of my dogs are high prey drive. (Do we all know what that is? .... I'm sure most of us do!). But I have recall on the dogs I can let off lead! (Its called training..... Over and over!). And the ones on lead... Yep.. Imagine that.. A firm leave it works! MY dogs know who is alpha in my house! And when they forget it... I have no problem bustin out some REAL training before the problem gets out of control[/QUOTE]

Training takes time..............something a lot of people say they don't have. And some people, no names needed, have said they just do not feel like fooling with their dog on a day to day basis with certain things.:nono: