well pet clinic on lexington park

foodforthought

anyone have any opinions on the well pet clinic? Good or bad, thinking about using them when we get our new puppy in a few weeks. Vets are just sooo expensive! Thanks!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I use them for all routine shots etc..but for sick visits I use Three notch vet. This does indeed save me a bit of money. They have always been great..even got my male cat neutered there.

Jameo

What?!
I've been taking my dogs to them for 10 years. (wow, Precious is old :frown:) I have nothing but wonderful things to say about them :yay:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
My Petunia goes there. They treat her like a champ, although they keep telling her she is fat. :frown: She is going to get a complex

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
My Petunia goes there. They treat her like a champ, although they keep telling her she is fat. :frown: She is going to get a complex

We dont use the word FAT!!!! We use the words "well loved"

Thanks

Well Pet :yay: (but also have a RDVM on hand in case you have a sick pet... :buddies:)

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
We dont use the word FAT!!!! We use the words "well loved"

Thanks

Well Pet :yay: (but also have a RDVM on hand in case you have a sick pet... :buddies:)
:lol: You are right, kinda. The doctor did say she was over weight.

I call her fat. poor fatty patty. :lol:

davisgm

They are good

We got a cat from there and they are good. My oldest girl is also volunteering there for girl scouts. That is were we are taking are cat for all her check ups. Hope this is helpfull.

Last edited:

foodcritic

We have had no problems with them. Two cats fixed there, shots done there and our other dog will be going in next month to be fixed. They save us alot of money.

vbailey

vbailey
anyone have any opinions on the well pet clinic? Good or bad, thinking about using them when we get our new puppy in a few weeks. Vets are just sooo expensive! Thanks!

Great place to take your pets, we have had both our dogs spayed there and take them there for all their well pet needs, shots, etc......I would highly recommend them to any one...

foodforthought

Great place to take your pets, we have had both our dogs spayed there and take them there for all their well pet needs, shots, etc......I would highly recommend them to any one...

Great! By chance do you know if they use laser surgery for spaying or do they still do the whole cut open thing? Some vets that I have got prices from say they do a laser procedure instead which is better. This is our first female pet

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Great! By chance do you know if they use laser surgery for spaying or do they still do the whole cut open thing? Some vets that I have got prices from say they do a laser procedure instead which is better. This is our first female pet
I think its a cut open. (not really sure though)

But I did Petunia's almost two years ago, and you can barely see a scar. And since she lays spread eagle a LOT (*not a lady*) You can't tell

Jameo

What?!

I'm pretty sure they cut the old fashion way. Had both my pups spaded there, but it's been 5 and 10 yrs ago.

doubtfull24

I love the well pet clinic!! We've take our little guy there since we first got him. We had him neutered there and he has gotten all his shots there as well. They are so nice and helpful.Recently we had to take him because he was scratching his neck raw and they fixed him right up gave him a shot and some antibiotics.He's all better now:)

highnote

They are good, very nice people. But they are a small clinic- if your pet ever needs an x-ray, ultrasound, surgery, diagnostics, etc they can't do it. But they are great for WELL pet visits (hence the name) such as routine shots, etc.

I have found that I usually sit in the waiting room a while (even with an appointment) which is very different from 3-notch who usually takes me right back. So allow for a little extra time (they only have one vet working on a given day).

They also have very unusual days/hours- I think it is tuesdays, thursdays, and every other saturday only. So you should have a full service vet on hand in case anything happens on a day they aren't there.

In answer to your question about spay surgery- yes they do the old fashioned "cut open" method. But you will pay $50 there compared to $300-400+ at a full service vet for spay surgery.

cbspec

Fat Hen
We have also used them and they are great. If you have a few feral or undomesticated cats, they will work out a price with you to get them all fixed. Hope this helps.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I take mine there for everything but emergencies and I love them. The little one was spayed there this year, and she has just a teeny tiny scar.