Airdele Rd..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Saw for the first time, and never expected to see one here.

An Alligator Snapping turtle.

OOPS, thought it was an alligator snapping turtle, looking at pictures I guess it's just a common snapping turtle.

Prehistoric looking thing.. spiked tail, inverted snout.. LOOOONG neck.

Hell of a time getting him in the truck, I hope he doesn't get out of the tub while I'm sleeping.

Since he's common, like nothing specail, would it be ok to have turtle soup tomorrow??

jaksprat

OOPS, thought it was an alligator snapping turtle, looking at pictures I guess it's just a common snapping turtle.

Hell of a time getting him in the truck, I hope he doesn't get out of the tub while I'm sleeping.

Since he's common, like nothing specail, would it be ok to have turtle soup tomorrow??

Why don't you ask him? :lmao:

But seriously, I don't think they're that uncommon. I saw one a couple weeks ago near some woods when walking the dogs. Had to hold the dogs back real hard (they really wanted to mess with him). Didn't want them to lose their noses! And about a year ago I caught one crabbing using chicken necks off a pier. Barely fit in the net. I let em go both times. Only had turtle to eat once in the Cayman Islands -- nothing to write home about.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
if its a Alligator Snapping turtle i heard its protected my bf found one and said that DNR came and took it along with the eggs

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

:worthless:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Sounds like just a regular snapping turtle...does it look like this?

Attachments

• Turtle 1.jpg
    Turtle 1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 222
  • Turtle 3.jpg
    Turtle 3.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 222

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
No alligator snappers in MD unless you talk to the guy from Reptile World. Everyone with questions regarding reptiles in Md should come to the Blessing of the Fleet during the 1st weekend in October. Reptile World will once again be presenting an entertaining and INFORMATIVE show on reptiles with emphasis on indigenous species.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Yep
That was it. Prehistoric looking creature for sure.

Our female Boxer found this one a couple of summers ago in our yard..must have dug under the fence to lay eggs. Ott estimated her to be about 30 pounds. :faint: We gently relocated (shovel and a rubbermaid bin :lol:) her to the other side of the fence..back to the wetlands.

S

shagger

They are easy to catch & move - just step on it's shell to stop it and grab it by the tail - no harm to you this way. I've heard snapping turtle is "good eat'n" - have never tried it myself! Let us know......

NatureCenter

Common Snapping Turtles are currently active at this time of the year. Females are out and about from the water looking for places to lay eggs. You should take her back and let her go in the nearest body of water in the area you found her in.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
No alligator snappers in MD unless you talk to the guy from Reptile World. Everyone with questions regarding reptiles in Md should come to the Blessing of the Fleet during the 1st weekend in October. Reptile World will once again be presenting an entertaining and INFORMATIVE show on reptiles with emphasis on indigenous species.

Nice plug....:lmao: