What kind of Spider...

PsyOps

Pixelated
I found this in my garage. Can any arachnid experts tell me what species it is?

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Ding dong. "Who's there?" Ups. "I didn't order anything"

FTD flowers.

Who is this really?

This Land monster didn't even knock. It just invited itself in, and made itself at home in my mini-shopvac.

I'm trying to rule out that it's not a brown recluse.

General Lee

This Land monster didn't even knock. It just invited itself in, and made itself at home in my mini-shopvac.

I'm trying to rule out that it's not a brown recluse.

Brown recluses are not in Maryland. I believe this spider is a species of a wood spider.

General Lee

WHere did you find that information??

Most information on recluses show they are not are not in this portion of the US. I will retract my post saying they aren't here, but they definitely aren't native here and are not in abundance here (If they are here at all)

People's body reactions vary from person to person on certain insect bites. People seem to come to the conclusion they were bit by a recluse just because the bite they received from an unknown source causes necrosis.

May I ask why you think they are here? Same question to the person that posted "false"

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Most information on recluses show they are not are not in this portion of the US. I will retract my post saying they aren't here, but they definitely aren't native here and are not in abundance here (If they are here at all)

People's body reactions vary from person to person on certain insect bites. People seem to come to the conclusion they were bit by a recluse just because the bite they received from an unknown source causes necrosis.

May I ask why you think they are here? Same question to the person that posted "false"

Spiders can't read.

They don't know they aren't supposed to be here.

Terence

Error 404
Looks like to me a big type of garden spider, did you eat it? Supposly its a good source of protein.