National Memorial Day Parade, GMHS NJROTC invited

smilin

BOXER NATION
Great Mills H.S. NJROTC has been invited this year!

Discovery's Military Channel to air Memorial Day Parade live

The Military Channel will broadcast the National Memorial Day parade live from Washington D.C., for the first time in network history. Presented by Boeing, the coverage of the parade will air live on Monday, May 31 from 2-4 PM ET. Hosts Rita Cosby and Paul McKellips will provide commentary.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:yay:

Very cool! How do they decide which school gets the invite?

Southern Belle

I was so proud of my son when he came home to tell me he would be participating in the parade. When I found out it was going to be televised, I was thrilled. I watched but didn't see Great Mills. The broadcast was interruped for about 10 minutes in the middle and then it was cut off at 4 and it appeared the parade was still going on.

smilin

BOXER NATION
I was so proud of my son when he came home to tell me he would be participating in the parade. When I found out it was going to be televised, I was thrilled. I watched but didn't see Great Mills. The broadcast was interruped for about 10 minutes in the middle and then it was cut off at 4 and it appeared the parade was still going on.

They were about five minutes before the end in between the regular armed forces units , we saw the Great Mills banner in front of the marching unit.
Everybody looked great!

:yahoo:

Southern Belle

They were about five minutes before the end in between the regular armed forces units , we saw the Great Mills banner in front of the marching unit.
Everybody looked great!

:yahoo:

My son said he had a great time. I was unable to attend but was going to watch it on TV and I set the DVR. I wish I could get a tape of it for me and to send his father a copy who doesn't live here.