Shutter and Door Colors?

Cowgirl

I am going to be making some shutters soon, something like this, and I need help picking a color. I'm thinking one of the blue or green colors for the shutters, and one of the red colors for the doors.

So tell me, which colors do you like? Which do you hate? Are there any other colors I should look at? I'm definitely not set on picking one of these, I just could have stood in Lowe's for hours looking at colors, so I had to limit myself. :lol:

And in case it's hard to tell from the picture, my house isn't white. It's creamy, with *almost* a pale pale yellow tint. Kinda like butter I guess.

*And this picture was taken when it was overcast. I can take another one in the sun if needed.

Attachments

• DSC00385.jpg
    DSC00385.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 161

devenny99

I like the green in the 2nd row on the bottom of the 3 strip. Why do you want to paint your door red though? I like the shutters you are going to make.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
My house is the same yellow butter color and the burgundy looks nice on it. I haven't had a chance to paint my door or put up shutters yet but there is a house down the street same color with burgandy and it looks great..

Cowgirl

I like the green in the 2nd row on the bottom of the 3 strip. Why do you want to paint your door red though? I like the shutters you are going to make.

That's the one I like, but it looks more blue on my screen.

Ooh, good. That was one of my main picks. It's definitely more blue though.

As far as the doors, red doors are more welcoming. :shrug: That's what I've read. But I just didn't know if having the doors the same color as the shutters would be overkill. The doors are white now, and the house just looks washed out, IMO. :shrug:

lovinmaryland

As far as the doors, red doors are more welcoming. :shrug: That's what I've read. But I just didn't know if having the doors the same color as the shutters would be overkill. The doors are white now, and the house just looks washed out, IMO. :shrug:

I think if you went with the blue color for the shutters that a black door would really make the whole thing just POP :)

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

What color are your shingles?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think if you went with the blue color for the shutters that a black door would really make the whole thing just POP :)

See, and I was thinking maybe a medium taupe to get that cozy feel. But black is classic and would look good, too.

Cowgirl

See, and I was thinking maybe a medium taupe to get that cozy feel. But black is classic and would look good, too.

Hmm...black would look nice but I'm not sure it's the look I'm going for. I'm going for a nice cottagey/farm housey look, but not "country". Know what I mean?

Shouldn't you match the shingles?

With shutters and doors? :confused: :shrug: I don't really want a brown door though.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I love the idea of a red door, and paint is cheap so if you end up not liking it you can just paint right over it. I think the greenish/blueish that everyone else is mentioning would look great. I personally like the bottom shade on the chip on the top right, but I think the other color would look best with all your foliage.

I reeeeally wanted to paint my front door black, but my step-dad hounded me into not doing it. He said the door would get too hot and end up warping. Other people have black doors and seem to do fine, but the sun beats down on the front of our house all day, so I decided not to take the chance.

Cowgirl

I personally like the bottom shade on the chip on the top right, but I think the other color would look best with all your foliage.

Which top right? Do you mean the very top single one? Or the second row down all the way to the right? If that's the one you meant, I think that's the one we're talking about. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Which top right? Do you mean the very top single one? Or the second row down all the way to the right? If that's the one you meant, I think that's the one we're talking about. :lol:
Yeah, I think I'm pretty confused. :lmao:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Hmm...black would look nice but I'm not sure it's the look I'm going for. I'm going for a nice cottagey/farm housey look, but not "country". Know what I mean?

With shutters and doors? :confused: :shrug: I don't really want a brown door though.
I don't see the blue & red matching a butter house with brown shingles...lol

Cowgirl

Ok, here's my Paint job. :lol: I tried to match the shutter colors to the color we were talking about, but it's not exact. And the door looks a little more melony than I was thinking, but it gives you an idea. :lol:

Attachments

• DSC05254shutters.jpg
    DSC05254shutters.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC05254.jpg
    DSC05254.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 116

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Ok, here's my Paint job. :lol: I tried to match the shutter colors to the color we were talking about, but it's not exact. And the door looks a little more melony than I was thinking, but it gives you an idea. :lol:
Ok, better than I imagined but I still think your shutters should be tan to match the roof.

And why haven't you shoveled that pile yet? :tap: