Don't eat @ Subway on Great Mills Road

Serenity40

I stopped into the Subway on Great Mills Road yesterday to grab a sandwich for lunch. While my sandwich was being prepared another employee entered the store and ordered a sandwich. The manager told her to come make her own she just walked behind the counter put on oven mitts and grabbed a tray of fresh bread. I was appalled and asked why she hadn't washed her hands. She said I'm wearing the oven mitt. EWWW....I don't know if she had picked her nose or her butt with those hands and now they're in the oven mitts, working in the kitchen.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
The manager told her to come make her own she just walked behind the counter put on oven mitts and grabbed a tray of fresh bread.
Um, she was making a sandwich...for herself. If she didn't want to wash her hands, why should you worry about it? :confused:

ladyhawk

Um, she was making a sandwich...for herself. If she didn't want to wash her hands, why should you worry about it? :confused:

Um, might it have something to do with the sandwich fixins...
Sorry, but if you work in a public type of food service, you are suppose to wash your hands regardless of "Oven Mitts"...

Why oven mitts?
Were they out of the plasic gloves tooo?

June

Serenity40

Her own sandwich yes but they don't keep the fixins in separate containers just for her. She wasn't at home and that's unsanitary for everyone.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is it possible that she was just getting the bread out of the oven and would put on gloves prior to actually making the sandwich? Regardless, it speaks well that she eats where she works. Means it can't be too gross in there.

Serenity40

Or maybe she's comfortable eating there because she's nasty and it's nasty there since you don't have to wash your hands before entering the kitchen. The sink is always the first stop when entering the kitchen.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I stopped into the Subway on Great Mills Road yesterday to grab a sandwich for lunch. While my sandwich was being prepared another employee entered the store and ordered a sandwich. The manager told her to come make her own she just walked behind the counter put on oven mitts and grabbed a tray of fresh bread. I was appalled and asked why she hadn't washed her hands. She said I'm wearing the oven mitt. EWWW....I don't know if she had picked her nose or her butt with those hands and now they're in the oven mitts, working in the kitchen.

It's always shocking when minimum wage employees at a fast food restaurant act like minimum wage employees at a fast food restaurant.

Don't ever go behind the scenes if this is is enough to gross you out. You'll never eat again.

Tech

It's always shocking when minimum wage employees at a fast food restaurant act like minimum wage employees at a fast food restaurant.

Don't ever go behind the scenes if this is is enough to gross you out. You'll never eat again.

Love those plastic gloves they wear to protect us from germs. They put them on and touch everything in the deli, then touch the food. At least with bare hands when the hands get greasy they would wash them a little more often.

If you have a queasy stomach, never work in food preperation.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Well, you can join me in MY boycott of SUBWAY on GMR and everywhere else for that matter, actually. Thing is.....the GMR Subway started it.
I went in there all the time; a llloooonnnng time ago; but three different subs; three seperate times made me "Porcelin God" sick THREE seperate times.
See a pattern? :sarcasm:
THEN I found......

P

playerhater

I agree what she did was wrong, putting dirty hands in the mitts and the next person will be using the same mitt. Manager should have been on top of this one. There is no food service place in the world that is germ free, reduced greatly at some places, yes. Just hope she was not doing someting nasty before committing this dirty deed. I hate it win I find a piece of hair in my food. Never got sick from subway though either. A little internet article I came across;;;;

Ridding ourselves of bacteria is a hopeless endeavor. Bacteria outnumber human cells in your body 10 to 1. This is a good thing. The entire digestive tract is lined with bacteria, from top to, uh, bottom. These bacteria work with the body's own chemicals in breaking down food, converting it to useful vitamins and minerals, and making sure the intestinal walls can absorb the nutrients for the bloodstream to circulate. Without these bacteria, we could not digest food. Human skin contains many species of harmless bacteria. Their presence prevents harmful bacteria, what we commonly call germs, from gaining a foothold on your skin. Numerous studies show that antibacterial soap is no more effective than ordinary soap in cleaning your hands. Either kind lifts off germ-laden dirt. But antibacterial soap kills helpful bacteria on the skin, freeing up valuable real estate so that harmful bacteria can move in later.

thurley42

HY;FR
yes..please boycott Subway...and everything else that you feel the need to whine about...then maybe it won't take me so long to get my food..

And you just assume that everyone who is actually working there at the time you went in, had just washed their hands? Got some bad news for you!!!

Toxick

Splat
I WANT DOCUMENTED PROOF THAT EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER HANDLED MY FOOD FROM THE FARM TO THE WRAPPER HAS NOT ONLY WASHED THEIR HANDS, BUT USED ANTI-BACTERIAL SOAP AND WAS WEARING APPROPRIATE HAIR NETTING! tHE LAST THING I NEED IN MY LIFE IS FOOD THAT IS NOT 100% Sterile AND DISEASE FREE!!!

AND i ONLY EAT ANIMALS WHICH HAVE NEVER MADE A BM!!!!1!!

Disco Stu

Shut Up Little Man!!!!
Well, you can join me in MY boycott of SUBWAY on GMR and everywhere else for that matter, actually. Thing is.....the GMR Subway started it.
I went in there all the time; a llloooonnnng time ago; but three different subs; three seperate times made me "Porcelin God" sick THREE seperate times.
See a pattern? :sarcasm:
THEN I found......

Maybe you have one of those "weak immune systems" :whistle: