Pax River Child Development Center?

I think I posted this a while back the "parenting & children" section, but didn't get much of a response...

Any thoughts on the Pax River Child Development Center? Good/bad?

baydreams

I think I posted this a while back the "parenting & children" section, but didn't get much of a response...

Any thoughts on the Pax River Child Development Center? Good/bad?

Well I don't know about PAX but usually base daycares have to not only fulfill state requirements they have to fulfill Base requirements. My children all attended CDC on AF bases and it was amazing how much better cared for they were then off of base. It could have just been the area or a fluke, but I'd recommend base CDC to anyone. The teachers are all thoroughly checked out, there aren't any pets to worry about (mostly fish) I called in my payments every week. As with all childcares there are some kids there that cause problems, but the CDC doesn't allow things to go on as long as home daycares in my experience did.

In any case, I've had great experiences with the base CDC's. Hope this helps a little.

chawk

Two kids that attend

I have two kids that attend the Pax CDC. I have been very pleased with them. You have to attend their orientation briefing prior to the kids being enrolled, this will give you a good idea of their requirements.

They have some very strict requirements on some issues. For example, if your child gets sick at the center, they cannot return to the center for 24 hours, unless they have a doctors note.

As for the care itself, top notch. It's not just play time, they do a great job on development.