Seasoned Walnut ...

T

toppick08

If you are interested........PM me......TY,....lots of it.

Vince

Got enough walnut, but if anyone comes across some hickory, I'm looking to do a bunch of kitchen cabinets out of it.

limblips

PREMO Member
Building.........seasoned 1 by 8, 10 ,12's.......at least 8 foot long...been resting nice since the early 70's......and solid.

Damn, I wish I was still living up there. I make trips up on occasion, don't suppose you would hold some for me!

T

toppick08

Damn, I wish I was still living up there. I make trips up on occasion, don't suppose you would hold some for me![/QUOTE]

It's not going anywhere soon.....,will do,.......just let me know when you want to see it.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Got enough walnut, but if anyone comes across some hickory, I'm looking to do a bunch of kitchen cabinets out of it.

Vince, I have a huge Hickory tree down on the side of my yard. Some of it is cut up in 6ft lengths. You are welcome to it, before it gets hauled away.

Vince

Vince, I have a huge Hickory tree down on the side of my yard. Some of it is cut up in 6ft lengths. You are welcome to it, before it gets hauled away.
Thanks, but I'm looking for hickory that's already kilndried. Even if I air dry it, I've found that it can split months after a piece of furniture is complete. Kiln dried down to 6% moisture won't split. Besides, too much trouble hauling it to a saw mill, having it cut up, dried, hauling away again. :doh:

ooootis

I'm interested but can't get by till after the middle of the month, because I'm outta town.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I'm interested but can't get by till after the middle of the month, because I'm outta town.

I believe it is a Red Hickory.
The picture is the nut (fruit) that looks like the ones I have all over the place near the tree.

Attachments

• RedHickory.jpg
    RedHickory.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 228
T

toppick08

Thank you all who responded.....I will be in contact with you all by the end of the weekend....got a busy day ahead so later for now.