What kind of tree would this be?

Choklatjunkeee

There are a few trees that are in a yard on Little Cove Point Rd (towards the Cove Point Road end) that grow low and wide and seem to have some type of flower on them right now. Does anyone have any idea what type of trees they are? If so, any comments regarding advantages/disadvantages would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Jameo

What?!
I was driving by. I will try to get a picture. The trunk of the tree is larger than the picture provided. It almost looked like it had two trunks togther. The tree top was longer than the height of the tree. thanks for the help. I will try to get a picture!

They do get bigger than what is in the picture.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
They do get bigger than what is in the picture.
:yeahthat: My grandfather had a huge one and about 2 feet from the ground it split so that it didn't have a central trunk. It made it easy to climb for us kids. One of my heavier cousins got onto one of the two main branches and broke it part way off at the V where it connected to the trunk, but left alone, it healed itself after a couple of years.

My grandfather hated that tree. It gave off seed pods that rooted all over the place. He constantly had to uproot saplings blocking the drainage ditch downhill from the tree.

sweetpea15

I was driving by. I will try to get a picture. The trunk of the tree is larger than the picture provided. It almost looked like it had two trunks togther. The tree top was longer than the height of the tree. thanks for the help. I will try to get a picture!

what color is the flower on the tree?

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
One of my Mimosa trees. They grow like weeds. This one is about three or four years old.

Attachments

• Mimosa TreeJune 12 2010 015.jpg
    Mimosa TreeJune 12 2010 015.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 269

mizteresa1965

There are a few trees that are in a yard on Little Cove Point Rd (towards the Cove Point Road end) that grow low and wide and seem to have some type of flower on them right now. Does anyone have any idea what type of trees they are? If so, any comments regarding advantages/disadvantages would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Definitely a Mimosa Tree. I love them!!

Choklatjunkeee

Thanks to Everyone Who Replied!!!

They were Mimosa trees. They were about 30 feet high and about 50 ft wide (give or take - I'm not good at eyeballing measurements). So, I wonder how long it took them to get that big! Thank you everyone for helping me out!

T

toppick08

They have made a nice rebound since the blight that took so many away back in the 60's and 70's.........:yay:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I've been told they will grow as tall as the trees they are next to. I have two, they're 6-8 years old. The one next to the woods is 25 feet tall and gangely, the one closer to the road is 16 feet tall and has a beautiful arch.