Solomons Fireworks

MISTYM1223

I was wondering if the fireworks in Solomons are visible from the beaches in CRE? I hate to deal with the traffic in Solomons but would love for my kids to have a clear view of the fireworks. Thanks in advance for your input.

They weren't several years ago when I attempted to view, but I can't be sure now. I'm ditching my kids at grandmas for the week on Sunday morning, so I might brave the crowds this time around! :yay:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I was wondering if the fireworks in Solomons are visible from the beaches in CRE? I hate to deal with the traffic in Solomons but would love for my kids to have a clear view of the fireworks. Thanks in advance for your input.

look at a map

Vince

If you have base access you can see them from Solomons annex at the pavillion. Used to watch them there every year.

CrashTest

The end of Dowell Rd used to be hassle-free viewing but that was 9-10 years ago. Probably different now with all those houses down there.

TurboK9

The end of Dowell Rd used to be hassle-free viewing but that was 9-10 years ago. Probably different now with all those houses down there.

Just drive back and forth across across the bridge till they start, then stop and watch like everyone did last year. :shrug:

cgwife

I have asked a few friends this same question. I was told to either go to the Navy Rec Center or the Marina on Dowell Road. You can see just as good without waiting 3 hours to get off the Island after the Fireworks! Good luck!

Chimborazo

Does anybody know where to get the latest fireworks information for Solomons? Around Drum Point it's really windy, so I want to make sure they're not cancelled.

cgwife

A really good display this year and the
best part was the cool breeze blowing in from the river :yay:

I agree......and Grand Finale was GREAT! We watched from Nacy Rec Center and had a GREAT view! Best of all, no traffic leaving!

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Waited out the traffic till about 10:30 and slid right out, though local law enforcement were busy quizing some folks on the side of the road about some issues that had occured on the island. Rumor had it, cop got punched but that's unverified.