No more New Vision!!!

big_poppa

Wow, so looking through the forums I see that the thread about New Vision Trash Service is one of the longest ones I think I have ever seen. With that being said, I took everyones advie and avoided them like the plague.

I called around, and got a good response from two local services. At Maryland Refuse the lady that answered the phone (Kelly) who by the way sounded extremely *hott* was very helpful, unfortunately they do not provide service to all of St Marys yet, and I am a little too far south for them.

The company that I did choose however was Clean it on Up out of Clements!!! Awesome Customer relations, Awesome Price, and extrememly quick response. I signed up wednesday about 4 in the afternoon, when I woke up Thursday there was a trash can in my driveway from them. I start my service on Monday.... Twice a week pickup, for half of what Waste Management wanted!!! And you don't pay anything until the end of your first month, so you basically get to test drive the service!!!

I just wanted to throw that out to any and all that are still looking for a reliable trash service. And to all of you out there that are wondering why I didn't just throw this on to the end of the New Vision thread......because no one would have read it!!!

winniesmom

winniesmom
What is their phone#. Some people have signed up with them in this area but I didn't realize they provide the trash cans.

big_poppa

Clean it on up

They have a very informative web page. Google Clean it on Up Maryland. All of the numbers that you will need you will find on there. But just in case, call 301-997-3710 and talk to Brian. I am pretty sure that is the number I used. Good luck!!!

RedBaron

Bird of Prey
They have a very informative web page. Google Clean it on Up Maryland. All of the numbers that you will need you will find on there. But just in case, call 301-997-3710 and talk to Brian. I am pretty sure that is the number I used. Good luck!!!

Thanks Brian! :howdy:

SoMdDude

I googled it and could not come up with any webpage.

Ditto

What is their website, even changed the searches up but did not find a web site for this company

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
I ordered service on the website this morning and was told that my can will be delivered on Wednesday. Just ran home and it was already there! Real quick and real cheap for 2x/week pick-up.

foodforthought

does anyone know the exact website? I googled but could not find anything. Im really interested in switching if they are as good as everyone is saying.....
Thanks!

terbear1225

anyone else have any experience with this company? looks like it might be a good deal but'I don't want to get caught in another situation like new vision.

big_poppa

I say give them a shot. Anyone that is willing to give you a month to "test" them out before charging you a dime is worth the chance I think. Furthermore, you pay month to month, so if they aren't up to par and you decide to cancel, you aren't losing anything at all!!! Call em'!!

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I say give them a shot. Anyone that is willing to give you a month to "test" them out before charging you a dime is worth the chance I think. Furthermore, you pay month to month, so if they aren't up to par and you decide to cancel, you aren't losing anything at all!!! Call em'!!

Update, please. You got the can, did you get the pick up on the days promised?

mAlice

professional daydreamer

"Hey, make sure you pick up this guys trash during the free trial so he pay for service that we'll stop providing"

SoccerFan

SDI Taking Over

Wow, the topic of this thread is extremely well timed. My wife and I know this to be true because the bill we received yesterday for the next quarter of trash service indicates that New Vision merged with SDI effective July 1, 2010. We know that since the beginning of this month New Vision or SDI trash pickup in our area has been as regular as clockwork. The price hasn't changed with the new bill, either. No word about returning to twice a week pickups, however. The website for SDI is: SDI - Your Waste Management Solution for Virginia.

We really don't mind having one day a week pickup. In our case, twice a week was a waste of gas because we often only needed to put out our toter once a week. As long as they continue to pick up any additional trash we may have to rarely set out we're happy with once a week. We have three kids and have never really needed twice a week trash service (we recycle A LOT). When we lived in Fort Worth, TX our trash service was part of our water bill and they only picked up once a week with extra pickups at certain times of the year so we're used to once a week trash pickup.

In terms of New Vision we never signed a contract like many people have referred to so we really don't feel a "contract" has been breached. We don't disagree that New Vision's customer service was extremely poor toward the end but at least in our neighborhood they were still, more often than not, picking up once a week. A phone call or a note announcing that they were changing to once a week would have been the least they could have done to help their public image. To keep from having to change services we're willing to give SDI a try for a while and if they prove reliable and affordable we'll stick with them. If not, Clean It On Up may be getting a call.

Last edited:

big_poppa

"Hey, make sure you pick up this guys trash during the free trial so he pay for service that we'll stop providing"
Yesterday 07:21 PM

Ummmm, that is just it, if they stop for any reason, I don't owe them a dime. When you pay a bill you are paying for the previous month. I thought I made that point kind of clear, but maybe not. Anyway, I just wanted to comment on that really quick.

As for the other question, yes they have showed up every day that they were supposed to so far. In fact, my trashcan is empty by the time I walk out of the house in the morning which is usually around 615. They must get around REALLY early!!! Very happy indeed!!!

FED_UP

Seems NV has teamed up with another contrator (SDI)according to the bill I got Saturday. NV has been picking up my trash of Chancellors Run Road in Lexington park mostly on time for the last 5 months. SDI is probably the one who has been picking it up lately. I am never home to see who it is.

Last edited:
Clean It On Up

No kidding, seriously, that is their website!!! Good Luck!!!
I contacted them for information. Got a response the next day. Very pleased with that turn around. Unlike every other trash contractor I have talked to, they DO recycle. Yes, it's an extra $6.00 a month, but at least they do it.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
As for the other question, yes they have showed up every day that they were supposed to so far. In fact, my trashcan is empty by the time I walk out of the house in the morning which is usually around 615. They must get around REALLY early!!! Very happy indeed!!!

I called for service yesterday and my trash was picked up sometime during the early morning. I hope they do well. :yay:

I contacted them for information. Got a response the next day. Very pleased with that turn around. Unlike every other trash contractor I have talked to, they DO recycle. Yes, it's an extra $6.00 a month, but at least they do it.

Thanks for the information. I'll call them back and request the recycle service.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I called for service yesterday and my trash was picked up sometime during the early morning. I hope they do well.

:ohwell: Five months in (wonderful service) they stopped arriving a month ago and I would have to call for pickup.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a reliable trash service in St. Mary's?