Route 5 South of 4

S

shagger

Up until about 2 weeks ago, this was my route home from work - coulda been me! Thank the powers that be. Thoughts to those involved.

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
Got word of this today. Another young life gone way too soon. My thoughts & prayers are with her family & friends :frown:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Was the 16 yo driving one of the cars? It is sad that a young person that age lost her life.

Last Fri, I went to the DMV to renew my drivers license. The place was packed; mostly with young drivers getting their license for the 1st time. One young man next to me was boasting that he has been driving since he was 12 and his Dad nodded and said it was a good thing he hasn't been caught. The young man went on to tell another young man that he hates going the speed limit and goes fast all the time. The father told him to make sure he doesn't get caught...
The maturity level of most of the kids I saw in there was questionable. Most of the kids I observed were not who I would like to encounter on the roads.
Times have changed from when I was 16...I was living alone in my 1st apartment. I have to say, I am glad I am not a 16 year old in 2010 and I am also grateful that I do not have kids.

Was the 16 yo driving one of the cars? It is sad that a young person that age lost her life.

Last Fri, I went to the DMV to renew my drivers license. The place was packed; mostly with young drivers getting their license for the 1st time. One young man next to me was boasting that he has been driving since he was 12 and his Dad nodded and said it was a good thing he hasn't been caught. The young man went on to tell another young man that he hates going the speed limit and goes fast all the time. The father told him to make sure he doesn't get caught...
The maturity level of most of the kids I saw in there was questionable. Most of the kids I observed were not who I would like to encounter on the roads.
Times have changed from when I was 16...I was living alone in my 1st apartment. I have to say, I am glad I am not a 16 year old in 2010 and I am also grateful that I do not have kids.

With role models like that, it's no wonder there is no respect for the road, rules or obligations. I wouldn't have dreamed telling my dad something like that, especially in a place where state troopers could hear me. There's no fear of consequence until it's too late.

frequentflier

happy to be living
With role models like that, it's no wonder there is no respect for the road, rules or obligations. I wouldn't have dreamed telling my dad something like that, especially in a place where state troopers could hear me. There's no fear of consequence until it's too late.

:confused: I'm not a state trooper (and don't recall seeing any there unless they are undercover)

mAlice

professional daydreamer

I'm not sure, but the story I got was that the car she was in/driving was at the light at the 5/4 intersection NB, and was rear ended and pushed into traffic.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
From the BayNet link;

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
On July 12, 2010 at approximately 4:00 p.m., a 2003 Honda Civic driven by Shelby Wood, 16 of Leonardtown, was traveling southbound on Point Lookout Road between St. Andrew's Church Road and Fairgrounds Road in Leonardtown.

Wood's vehicle was struck from the rear by a 1996 Lincoln Town Car driven by Justin Macrae, 28 of Leonardtown. The collision sent Wood's vehicle into the northbound travel lane of Point Lookout Road where it collided with a 2003 Honda Pilot driven by David Butler, 45 of Mechanicsville. Wood’s vehicle then traveled sideways back into the southbound lane of Point Lookout Road where it collided with a northbound 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan, driven by Richard Schmidt, 49 of Hollywood.
Wood was transported by ambulance to St. Mary's Hospital where she succumbed to her injuries. Schmidt was transported by ambulance to St. Mary's Hospital. Macrae and Butler were not transported to the hospital.