Maryland gets abortion money

1Blondie

CNSNews.com - Maryland Becomes Second State to Offer Federally Funded Abortions under Obamacare

We need some new people in Annapolis.[/QUOTE
WHY should I have to pay because some jerk is too lazy to wrap his willy?!!
WHY should I have to pay because some jerk is too lazy to take a pill a day?!!
I do not believe that abortion is a form of birth control. I thought that the Prez promised that fed $$ would not cover this??!!
Couldn't the $$ be better spent helping the homeless in our counties?

Vince

CNSNews.com - Maryland Becomes Second State to Offer Federally Funded Abortions under Obamacare

We need some new people in Annapolis.[/QUOTE
WHY should I have to pay because some jerk is too lazy to wrap his willy?!!
WHY should I have to pay because some jerk is too lazy to take a pill a day?!!
I do not believe that abortion is a form of birth control. I thought that the Prez promised that fed $$ would not cover this??!!Couldn't the $$ be better spent helping the homeless in our counties?
And you're surprised that he lied........again. :killingme Now where are all the Obamites that are going to tell me he didn't lie.

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Couldn't the $$ be better spent helping the homeless in our counties?
Yes, it could. And it is duly noted how they are complaining that Republicans are blocking the way for extended unemployment benefits while they (Dems) freely, and backhandedly, pass money to the states for something they vowed they would not do.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Not for nothing, but that report left out a minor detail: the MHIP plans only cover abortions that are Medically Necessary.
Not to pick nits, but just going by the sound bite provided, he (the pres) didn't differentiate medically necessary from any other reason.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
How exactly did the President lie? From the article is sounds like Maryland has decided to use Federal money for abortions. :shrug:

1Blondie

A few said "The President lied" and I'm asking "how did he lie?"

Take a moment and read the link on the first post. You can also go to The White House and search healthcare. You can read the bill there. Sure sounds like the Prez promised that no federal $$ would pay for abortions. Has this been a "transparent" issue? Did not the Candiate promise this also? Seems like he should not have made so many promises that he can not keep.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
How exactly did the President lie? From the article is sounds like Maryland has decided to use Federal money for abortions.
Kinda like how "stimulus" money was supposed to go towards new jobs but ended up going towards other projects once it was disseminated among the states.

You may not be able to blame the administration for that redirection, but if the money is not going for what they promised it would go for (or not go for) then it shouldn't be coming from the Fed to begin with.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Take a moment and read the link on the first post. You can also go to The White House and search healthcare. You can read the bill there. Sure sounds like the Prez promised that no federal $$ would pay for abortions. Has this been a "transparent" issue? Did not the Candiate promise this also? Seems like he should not have made so many promises that he can not keep.

Maryland - as in the state - was given Federal money and CHOSE to fund abortions. They could have chosen to give free ice cream cones to anyone wearing a green shirt on Fridays.

What Medical Services Would Be Paid For?
Another fact is that the bill as approved by the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, but not yet debated by the full House, spells out what essential medical services would be paid for under the public insurance option (H.R. 3200, Title 1, Subtitle C, Section 122-b):

•Hospitalization.
•Outpatient hospital and outpatient clinic services, including emergency department services.
•Professional services of physicians and other health professionals.
•Such services, equipment, and supplies incident to the services of a physician's or a health professional's delivery of care in institutional settings, physician offices, patients' homes or place of residence, or other settings, as appropriate.
•Prescription drugs.
•Rehabilitative and habilitative services.
•Mental health and substance use disorder services.
•Preventive services, including those services recommended with a grade of A or B by the Task Force on Clinical Preventive Services and those vaccines recommended for use by the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
•Maternity care.
•Well baby and well child care and oral health, vision, and hearing services, equipment, and supplies at least for children under 21 years of age.
Could terms like "Professional services of physicians and other health professionals," be interpreted as applying to a range of professional medical services including abortions? Abortion opponents fear it could.

Could someone point out where the bill funds abortions?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Please direct me to a link or quote in the bill that states the health reform bill will pay for abortions. I can't find anything.