Hoarder's body taken out via roof

Bay_Kat

Tropical
:faint:

OK, I feel a little bit better about my family's "clutter" now. Not even CLOSE to this! Thanks!

I must be really OCD, crap like this drives me bonkers, I can't even watch those hoarder shows, guess that's one of the reasons I started the garage thread. I hate clutter. Jeeze, maybe I'm the one that needs help. :killingme

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I must be really OCD, crap like this drives me bonkers, I can't even watch those hoarder shows, guess that's one of the reasons I started the garage thread. I hate clutter. Jeeze, maybe I'm the one that needs help. :killingme

Probably not. You could always free-lance as a clutter-buster if you ever need to work another job. :lol:

jaksprat

Wow, that story is unbelievable! Talk about a yard sale! Ok, I got dibs on that Christmas tree that you can see behind the sliding glass door - HAHA!! But really, how in the world can ALL the people living in that house put up with it? Living like rats.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Wow, that story is unbelievable! Talk about a yard sale! Ok, I got dibs on that Christmas tree that you can see behind the sliding glass door - HAHA!! But really, how in the world can ALL the people living in that house put up with it? Living like rats.

The old lady owned the house. The rest were fambly.

Bay_Kat

Tropical

I knew a woman that lived alone, she took comfort in "home shopping". She didn't keep stuff like hoarders, they keep everything, even stuff they find on the street. This woman only kept the stuff she bought off the home shopping channels. Turned out she had a lot more mental issues that just the home shopping thing, but that's a totally different story.

jaksprat

The old lady owned the house. The rest were fambly.

Interesting. So now the house goes to someone or her estate, depending on the deed. I wonder if she was the hoarder or whether it was other family members. If it was her, I guess they're gonna have one helluva yard sale and will certainly need a dumpster. Even if it wasn't her, they'll have to do something about it anyway since the place was declared uninhabitable by authorities.

jaksprat

I knew a woman that lived alone, she took comfort in "home shopping". She didn't keep stuff like hoarders, they keep everything, even stuff they find on the street. This woman only kept the stuff she bought off the home shopping channels. Turned out she had a lot more mental issues that just the home shopping thing, but that's a totally different story.

You know, it's real easy to let stuff pile up. Happens to most of us. It's just some people can't throw stuff out when they need too. I guess you could call that a mental issue.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
You know, it's real easy to let stuff pile up. Happens to most of us. It's just some people can't throw stuff out when they need too. I guess you could call that a mental issue.

I watched that hoarder show one time and the woman was walking down the street and she was picking up everything she saw on the ground, took it back home. Then her landlord gave her an eviction notice and she lost it because she didn't want to get rid of anything. It's a sickness and it's really sad.

jaksprat

I watched that hoarder show one time and the woman was walking down the street and she was picking up everything she saw on the ground, took it back home. Then her landlord gave her an eviction notice and she lost it because she didn't want to get rid of anything. It's a sickness and it's really sad.

Yeah, it is sad. But on the flip side, have ya ever thrown something out that you haven't used in years, only to find out you need it a few days later? :doh: I know it's happened to me more than once. But that's just the price ya gotta pay for having a place cleared of junk.

C

CalvertNewbie

It's definitely a sickness. Something just isn't mentally right with these people. Like you, I can't stand clutter. My house isn't immaculate but I'll certainly never qualify for that "Hoarders" show either. :killingme

Did you see the episode when the lady actually bought the house next door so she'd have 2 houses to keep all her crap in? Crazy!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
It's definitely a sickness. Something just isn't mentally right with these people. Like you, I can't stand clutter. My house isn't immaculate but I'll certainly never qualify for that "Hoarders" show either. :killingme

Did you see the episode when the lady actually bought the house next door so she'd have 2 houses to keep all her crap in? Crazy!

No, I didn't see that one, I watched the show once and it made me nuts, I can't watch it again.

My dad grew up in the depression and was poor, so everything had a value, nothing was throw out. He carried that concept over in his adult life. He wasn't a 'hoarder', but just kept accumulating "just in case someone needs it".

When he moved out of his house in NY and had to clean out the basement, my brothers and I would tag-team my dad. One would keep him busy while the other threw out anything we could get our hands on. :lol:

I have another friend who IS a hoarder, and his wife is just about ready to kill him. He cannot walk down the street without taking that 3' 2x4 and putting it in the pile of other recovered 2x4s. Or that broken ceiling light. Or those rusty old bent nails. Or................