Israel jails Arab for 'deceit rape'

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
"An Arab living in Israel has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for having consensual sex with an Israeli woman who apparently believed he was Jewish.

Sabbar Kashur was sentenced on Monday after being convicted of "rape by deception".

According to the court, Kashur met a Jewish woman in Jerusalem in 2008 and introduced himself as a single Jew looking for a serious relationship. The two had sex in a nearby building.

The woman filed a criminal complaint after learning Kashur was Arab, not Jewish.

Prosecutors acknowledged that the sex was consensual, but accused him of misrepresenting himself.

The court agreed, sentencing Kashur despite acknowledging that his case was not "a classical rape by force".

"If she hadn’t thought the accused was a Jewish bachelor interested in a serious romantic relationship, she would not have co-operated," the judges said in their ruling.

"The court must protect the public interest against sophisticated criminals with a smooth tongue and sweet talking, who can lead astray innocent victims."

"Kashur's case also highlights the open hostility with which many Israeli Jews view mixed relationships with Arabs, who make up one-fifth of the population of Israel.

A poll conducted in 2007 by Israel's Geocartography Institute found that more than 50 per cent of Israeli Jews thought marrying an Arab was "equal to national treason". Jews are legally forbidden to intermarry in Israel.

The Sunday Times reported in 2009 on a squad of "vigilantes" in the Jewish settlement of Pisgat Zeev. The group has patrolled the streets for more than a decade looking for mixed couples.

And in 2009, the town of Petah Tikva established a team of counsellors and psychologists to "rescue" Jewish women from relationships with Arab men.

The Israeli daily Maariv reported in February that Tel Aviv had launched a similar programme.

Gideon Levy, a liberal columnist with the Israeli newspaper Haaretz, said the "rape by deception" law would have been applied differently if a Jewish man had sex with an Arab woman under false pretenses.

"Would he have been convicted of rape?" Levy asked. "The answer is: of course not."

More at: Israel jails Arab for 'deceit rape' - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Toxick

Splat
"An Arab living in Israel has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for having consensual sex with an Israeli woman who apparently believed he was Jewish.

Sabbar Kashur was sentenced on Monday after being convicted of "rape by deception".

I better stop telling chicks I'm a big Hollywood producer.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
This innocent Jewish woman goes into a nearby building to have sex with a man she just met and didn't notice the one UNMISTAKABLE finding that would have proven he was a Jew. Must have been really dark in that nearby building and she didn't touch anything leading up to the event.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
How far can the average person throw an Arab? I'm sensing the making of a new sport here.
Gimme some Arabs and I'll let you know.

Attachments

• cat7.jpg
    cat7.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 19