A story of discrimination

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
"This will be short. It will not be sweet.

Edwin A. Graning worked as a bus driver for the Capital Area Rural Transportation System in Texas. On January 29, 2010, he was assigned to give a woman a ride to a location in Austin. He refused. He was fired.

And now he's suing. You see, Mr. Graning believes he was fired because of his religious beliefs. He believes he is the victim of discrimination. He wants his job back. He wants back pay. And he wants money for his “pain, suffering, and emotional distress.”

Why did he refuse to do his job?

Because the woman he was supposed to drive wanted to go to Planned Parenthood. And Mr. Graning believed that she was going to get an abortion. It didn't matter to Mr. Graning that she might have been going for a pap test or breast exam, that it was, in fact, unlikely that she was seeking an abortion because despite the constant smears from the forced birth movement, abortion is only 3 percent of the services Planned Parenthood provides.

It didn't matter to Mr. Graning that abortion is a legal medical procedure, and that the woman whom he refused to drive, even had she been going for an abortion, was merely exercising her legal rights.

It didn't matter to Mr. Graning because despite his lawsuit, he doesn't give a damn about legal rights.

Mr. Graning believes it is perfectly acceptable to discriminate against women, to deprive them of their rights, to deny them access to legal medical procedures to which they are entitled -- all under the guise of "religious beliefs."

We have seen this before. Pharmacists around the country refuse to fill prescriptions for birth control because of their "religious beliefs." And five states actually protect their "right" to deprive women of their rights.

We have seen this with the homophobic bigots who complain about violations of their free speech rights to spew hatred and pass homophobic legislation."

More at: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/7/25/887220/-A-story-of-discrimination

ImnoMensa

"This will be short. It will not be sweet.

Edwin A. Graning worked as a bus driver for the Capital Area Rural Transportation System in Texas. On January 29, 2010, he was assigned to give a woman a ride to a location in Austin. He refused. He was fired.

And now he's suing. You see, Mr. Graning believes he was fired because of his religious beliefs. He believes he is the victim of discrimination. He wants his job back. He wants back pay. And he wants money for his “pain, suffering, and emotional distress.”

Why did he refuse to do his job?

Because the woman he was supposed to drive wanted to go to Planned Parenthood. And Mr. Graning believed that she was going to get an abortion. It didn't matter to Mr. Graning that she might have been going for a pap test or breast exam, that it was, in fact, unlikely that she was seeking an abortion because despite the constant smears from the forced birth movement, abortion is only 3 percent of the services Planned Parenthood provides.

It didn't matter to Mr. Graning that abortion is a legal medical procedure, and that the woman whom he refused to drive, even had she been going for an abortion, was merely exercising her legal rights.

It didn't matter to Mr. Graning because despite his lawsuit, he doesn't give a damn about legal rights.

Mr. Graning believes it is perfectly acceptable to discriminate against women, to deprive them of their rights, to deny them access to legal medical procedures to which they are entitled -- all under the guise of "religious beliefs."

We have seen this before. Pharmacists around the country refuse to fill prescriptions for birth control because of their "religious beliefs." And five states actually protect their "right" to deprive women of their rights.

We have seen this with the homophobic bigots who complain about violations of their free speech rights to spew hatred and pass homophobic legislation."

More at: Daily Kos: A story of discrimination

I believe Pharmacists should fill prescriptions, and, although I dont know why a bus driver would even have to know where a person is going, they should take them. The other day a Muslim bus driver wouldnt let a seeing eye dog on his bus. That is not his perogative.

Now we come to a similar but different matter.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT A DOCTOR SHOULD BE FORCED TO MURDER A WOMANS FETUS.

If a Doctor or a nurse or a Catholic Hospital wish's to turn down abortion that is their right. The potential murderess can find someone else, or somewhere else to kill her child .

theHypocrite

taking chances
I believe Pharmacists should fill prescriptions, and, although I dont know why a bus driver would even have to know where a person is going, they should take them. The other day a Muslim bus driver wouldnt let a seeing eye dog on his bus. That is not his perogative.

Now we come to a similar but different matter.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT A DOCTOR SHOULD BE FORCED TO MURDER A WOMANS FETUS.

If a Doctor or a nurse or a Catholic Hospital wish's to turn down abortion that is their right. The potential murderess can find someone else, or somewhere else to kill her child .

please post a link to the story about the Muslim bus driver or is this another FoxNews fable

Vince

Hey, something we agree on. I'll have to read further, there has to be more to the story.
:yeahthat:

bus driver for the Capital Area Rural Transportation System in Texas. On January 29, 2010, he was assigned to give a woman a ride to a location in Austin.
He's a "bus driver." Was the abortion clinic on his route? Did he have a set route? Can he be assigned to drive some place other than his route? There's a lot that is not said in this article.

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi

Attachments

• SHITTY REFERENCE AWARD.jpg
    SHITTY REFERENCE AWARD.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 70

TurboK9

Is this going to be your "go to" defence for everything now?, pretty lame considering the things you post.

Especially lame since the guide dog incidents (there have been more than 1) have been occurring in England... A British source seems more fitting to me, personally, but no doubt Nono would rather see it in the WaPo or the Onion or the HuffPo or some other super credible :sarcasm: source :lmao:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Unfortunately for you.....
I see you did the "hiv" thing again. Does it help you get off to make fun of stuff like that?

I guess so because it's obvious you can never have a substantive discussion... only posting random C&P images and insults. Keep acting like a douche; you support your opposition every time!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I see you did the "hiv" thing again. Does it help you get off to make fun of stuff like that?

I guess so because it's obvious you can never have a substantive discussion... only posting random C&P images and insults. Keep acting like a douche; you support your opposition every time!
Lets be serious here. Do you think these idiots will hold a conversation knowing that they will have their asses handed to them every time? Hell no! That's why they C&P then run.

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
I see you did the "hiv" thing again.:cds:

I'll stop when you refrain from your more or less constant use of the pejorative. Deal? I think not, it's too ingrained in your online character.

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Do you think these idiots will hold a conversation knowing that they will have their asses handed to them every time?
Apparently not. :lol: Each one of them are predictable.

I'll stop when you refrain from your more or less constant use of the pejorative.
Because I call you Nonuts? :lol: I use that because you C&P then run, or post dumb insults, not because I disagree with you. You do whatever you feel works for you, as will I.