Woman Removed From Plane...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You get more money from two seats than one, right? Fat kid had already paid for his two seats.

Flying standby comes with risks. I'm sure they offered the woman the next flight out at no charge and probably a complimentary ticket as well.

Me thinks she is trying to make a big stink out of nothing. :shrug:

Another take: Bob Shallit: Petite passenger booted from Southwest flight - Sacramento Business, Housing Market News | Sacramento Bee

The local woman was flying standby, paid full fare for the last available seat, got on board, stowed her bags and sat down – only to be told she would have to deplane immediately

"It didn't seem right that I should have to leave to accommodate someone who had only paid for one seat," she tells us.

edinsomd

Fat kid had already paid for his two seats.

I must have missed this bit of info both times I read the article.

'"It didn't seem right that I should have to leave to accommodate someone who had only paid for one seat," she tells us.'

Dummy up the dollars for the extra seat, lardass, or get stowed as luggage.

Wenchy

Hot Flash

If the big kid didn't pay for two seats the woman should have gotten the last available seat. It seems the airline was reserving two for the hefty gal, but I want to know why she wasn't charged for two? I thought all airlines did that now? The parents should be smacked for not getting their kid to the airport on time...IMO. Meanwhile, skinny minny got on the next flight just fine.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I must have missed this bit of info both times I read the article.

'"It didn't seem right that I should have to leave to accommodate someone who had only paid for one seat," She tells us"

Dummy up the dollars for the extra seat, lardass, or get stowed as luggage.

Agreed.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Shouldn't Shelly Obama have been called in. I mean, a 14 year old girl who already requires two seats on an airplane! She should be put on a Sweet Potato Pie and Kale diet right away!

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Seems to me if she only weighed 110, she was thin enough to not take up the whole seat anyway -- couldn't they have shared? :shrug:

Given what I read in the two articles, the airline was in a no-win situation either way. Their mistake appeared to be in not following routine procedure in asking for volunteers, or perhaps making that decision to allow "stand-bys" seats just a bit too early.

I do like the one comment that suggests paying for a seat "by the pound". Since the weight of plane is part of the calculations for successful utilization of Bernoulli's Principle and the other aspects of flying, it would make sense to utilize this information since all airplanes have a limit on the amount of weight that they can carry while flying. Gravity can be a real beyotch.

edinsomd

Shouldn't Shelly Obama have been called in. I mean, a 14 year old girl who already requires two seats on an airplane! She should be put on a Sweet Potato Pie and Kale diet right away!

All grown in the White House garden, no doubt. FLOTUS is off to Spain, and I doubt she relinquishes her seat to anyone, ever.

edinsomd

Love her or loather her, FLOTUS represents the USofA when traveling abroad. I don't question the manner of her travel. I question her ability to perform the duties and not make an(other) mockery of the station she holds.

paid full fare for the last available seat

If she got the last available seat, and the fat kid needed two seats, where did the 2nd seat come from? Was she the only one kicked off or did someone next to her get the boot too?

Wenchy

Hot Flash
If she got the last available seat, and the fat kid needed two seats, where did the 2nd seat come from? Was she the only one kicked off or did someone next to her get the boot too?
That's why I think the fat one had already reserved (paid for) two seats. When the kid didn't show on time, the airline sold a seat (standby) to the skinny. She did pay for one (last minute) doesn't mean the other two seats weren't already paid for. I want a third (and true) article to read. :lol:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Love her or loather her, FLOTUS represents the USofA when traveling abroad. I don't question the manner of her travel. I question her ability to perform the duties and not make an(other) mockery of the station she holds.

First Ladies are always mocked, no matter what they do. The travel method is the case in point here.