Daily Kos: Take Legal Action to 'End Organized, In

E

EmptyTimCup

:geek:

Daily Kos: Take Legal Action to 'End Organized, Institutionalized Religion'

For all the daily talk on the Daily Kos that conservatives are dictatorial, their cast of bloggers isn't without grand designs for social control. Take this post: "Time to begin working for the death of religion (a rant)." The diarist "BlueMoon" expressed no attempt to disrupt free speech, but the "end of organized religion" must be attempted:

However, the time has come to begin work to actively disrupt official organized religion of all stripes. Yes, I know there are many good christians. But when I hear of another moral pronouncement coming out of the Roman Catholic church, I am ready to splutter.

The church of pedophiles that brought you Cardnal Law and the current head, Ratzinger dares open its filthy mouth again? To preach about morality?

The Reverend Phelps dares picket servicemen's funerals? And tell us all that "Heath [is] in Hell?" And call Lady Gaga a "proud whore"?

A variety of crazy wackos calling themselves the "Tea party" peddle vicious racism masquerading as christian faith.

It is time to stop taking all this sitting down. It is time to begin working actively to bring about the end of organized religion. At the beginning of the 21st century, it is a wonder that a group of ignorant, bigoted and hateful men (yes, mostly men) can preach against scientific progress and try to take this country and the world a few centuries back. It is time to face the truth -- THERE IS NO GOD.

I don't begrudge the faith to those who believe -- but I am not out there trying to impose vegetarianism or red uniforms on anyone. So, please, keep your religion out of my face. Humanity may have needed to believe in rocks or celestial bodies when we barely could walk upright. At the beginning of the 21st century, it is finally time to dispense with the crutch. Religion in general and Christianity [sic] in particular are EVIL.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
What I do not understand is the obsessiveness against the Catholic church. If they are so smart, why do they care? On the pedophiles issue, how come they never look around in their ranks and complain about the beloved hollowood. Not defending the wrong doing at the Catholic church. I believe individuals that are pedophiles should be charged just like the rest of the population. When I was in high school in the 70's, the relationship between some teachers and students was unacceptable. Where as these whiners when it comes to our public schools and trust in our teachers? Face it Clinton abused his position with an intern, where is the outrage?

Pushrod

Patriot
What I do not understand is the obsessiveness against the Catholic church. If they are so smart, why do they care? On the pedophiles issue, how come they never look around in their ranks and complain about the beloved hollowood. Not defending the wrong doing at the Catholic church. I believe individuals that are pedophiles should be charged just like the rest of the population. When I was in high school in the 70's, the relationship between some teachers and students was unacceptable. Where as these whiners when it comes to our public schools and trust in our teachers? Face it Clinton abused his position with an intern, where is the outrage?

Isn't it hollyweirds Roman Polanski that was convicted of raping a 13 year old girl many years ago and then fled to Europe. Now all the Progressives in the film and media industry are doing everything in their powers to keep him from being extradited to the U.S. to serve his sentence? Hypocracy to the extreme!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
However, the time has come to begin work to actively disrupt official organized religion of all stripes. Yes, I know there are many good christians. But when I hear of another moral pronouncement coming out of the Roman Catholic church, I am ready to splutter.

The church of pedophiles that brought you Cardnal Law and the current head, Ratzinger dares open its filthy mouth again? To preach about morality?

The Reverend Phelps dares picket servicemen's funerals? And tell us all that "Heath [is] in Hell?" And call Lady Gaga a "proud whore"?

A variety of crazy wackos calling themselves the "Tea party" peddle vicious racism masquerading as christian faith.

It is time to stop taking all this sitting down. It is time to begin working actively to bring about the end of organized religion. At the beginning of the 21st century, it is a wonder that a group of ignorant, bigoted and hateful men (yes, mostly men) can preach against scientific progress and try to take this country and the world a few centuries back. It is time to face the truth -- THERE IS NO GOD.

I don't begrudge the faith to those who believe -- but I am not out there trying to impose vegetarianism or red uniforms on anyone. So, please, keep your religion out of my face. Humanity may have needed to believe in rocks or celestial bodies when we barely could walk upright. At the beginning of the 21st century, it is finally time to dispense with the crutch. Religion in general and Christianity [sic] in particular are EVIL.

Interesting. I wonder what exactly he means by "disrupting" official organized religion, or how he would go about ending it. I wonder why he's talking out both sides of his mouth.

He wants to end organized religion, wants people to believe his truth, yet he doesn't begrudge one's faith. :confused:

The guys an idiot.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Interesting. I wonder what exactly he means by "disrupting" official organized religion, or how he would go about ending it. I wonder why he's talking out both sides of his mouth.

He wants to end organized religion, wants people to believe his truth, yet he doesn't begrudge one's faith. :confused:

The guys an idiot.

The guy? How do we know that 'BlueMoon' is a guy? :lol:

In any event, to your question and what he/she/it said;

It is time to organize and take legal action against religious intitutions. There are many avenues available to pursue lawsuits against churches and such. It is time to turn up the heat in the media and the blogsphere against this unnecessary and harmful atavism of the past.

UPDATE: Please, do not confuse -- accidentally or on purpose -- my position that we need to end ORGANIZED, INSTUTIONALIZED religion with my already stated belief that everyone has the right to believe in the big polka-dotted betentacled glamgrum from Aldebaran if you want. Belief is a personal choice and I am regarding it as such. However, institutions with a vested interest in ignorance whose last check on reality was during Nero's time (if then), have to be fought tooth and nail.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr

The guys an idiot.

...he'll probably expect the government, and all others, to believe his way, or else. Just another dip****

I assume "he"...guess it could just as well be "she" or "the it"

Last edited:

SamSpade

If they're going to go after Catholicism on the grounds that it is a hotbed of pedophilia, perhaps they should really consider shutting down the public school system. Statistically, that's where it's really happening.

E

EmptyTimCup

yeah but that doesn't garner as much play on the front page as when some "Religious" person, Priest, Minister or other layman diddles or gropes some kid

TurboK9

yeah but that doesn't garner as much play on the front page as when some "Religious" person, Priest, Minister or other layman diddles or gropes some kid

Nope instead you get people arguing that it's OK since the kid willingly engaged w/ the teacher.....

Sad.

SamSpade

But it should.

The complaint against religious leaders is largely based on the fact that we have entrusted our youth to such persons, so the outcry is greater. (There's also the case that it's more likely to be hushed up).

But the SAME THING is certainly true of our teachers, and they usually have much greater access to our children, and significant influence.

I think the thing that gets people's hackles up so much is the sense of hypocrisy, that religious leaders aren't supposed to even touch upon these things (which doesn't say much for what the public thinks of teachers, actually). But statistically, teachers are guilty of this in greater proportion.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
If they're going to go after Catholicism on the grounds that it is a hotbed of pedophilia, perhaps they should really consider shutting down the public school system. Statistically, that's where it's really happening.

Darn, I wish I said that....oh I did......

"What I do not understand is the obsessiveness against the Catholic church. .... On the pedophiles issue, how come they never look around in their ranks and complain about the beloved hollowood. Not defending the wrong doing at the Catholic church. I believe individuals that are pedophiles should be charged just like the rest of the population. When I was in high school in the 70's, the relationship between some teachers and students was unacceptable. Where as these whiners when it comes to our public schools and trust in our teachers? Face it Clinton abused his position with an intern, where is the outrage?"

That's ok, I am in total agreement with you. Gotta give you credit for catching my pun on the Canadians and the War of 1812, too.

Last edited:

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Nope instead you get people arguing that it's OK since the kid willingly engaged w/ the teacher.....

Sad.

How do you know that the kid was not willing to engage w/ the priest?

Even so, still not ok.

When we were kids, we knew who was not to be trusted. From about 6 on, we knew that there are strangers out there and we should not trust them. Sometimes I think we did a better job of knowing who not to trust than our parents did. There is some pretty messed up people out there.

Last edited:

jrt_ms1995

Just another dip****

I assume "he"...guess it could just as well be "she" or "the it"

In the English language, the masculine is proper if the specific gender is unknown.

Of course, the language revisionists are hard at work trying to eliminate these vestiges of our institutionalized, patriarchal past. Pretty soon "she", "he", and "it" will be unified into "sheit"! :1bdz:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yet they love extremist Muslims and will raise holy (ha) hell to protect their right to their culture. Go figure.

This is what annoys me most about "progressives" - the rank hypocrisy that they don't even try to hide, yet they go nutzoid when you point it out to them. Multi-culturalism indeed.